Chain Reaction Cycles - never again!

Pniel

What has your experience been like when dealing with CRC?

Mine has been so "wonderful" that I'll never buy from them again. From now on I'll stick with my LBS.

I ordered a Campy rain jacket (Red, XL) from CRC. They shipped it on 15 May, nearly a month later I excitedly went to the post office yesterday to collect. When I opened the parcel they sent me a Grey, Large jacket - at least it was the same make.

Needless to say, it doesn't fit, and not what I ordered, so now I have to waste a whole lot of time (more than typing this rant), to get the parcel back to them before they'll give me a refund.

By the time I have a rain jacket it will be full blown summer in the Durbanville Hills :-)

CRC - never again!

Unrelated but I bought a hoodie on-line a few months back which when it arrived was too small and the printing was terrible.

I mailed them and after 1 or 2 mails was refunded my money and told I can keep the hoodie anyway as it would cost more to send back than what I was refunded anyway.

Maybe have a chat with them, you may just be surprised. Good luck.

only once got the wrong item posted to me, no problem, ordered the correct item on my credit card and posted the wrong item back to them , once they received it they credited me for all my costs, including the handling and vat I paid on collecting the wrong item.

mistakes can happen, i'm sure your LBS isn't perfect.

Im still happy with them and I use the cheap R99 postage. But have one rule, never order clothes from overseas.

Unless you know the sizing, its a good rule. I'm still waiting for my shoes to come over from CRC. they do take a time and usually it's the customs side here that make you hang around the post box so long looking like a cycling junkie.

Needless to say, it doesn't fit, and not what I ordered, so now I have to waste a whole lot of time (more than typing this rant), to get the parcel back to them before they'll give me a refund.

My experience has always been awesome... Now if you're looking at shifting the campy Jacket, lets talk. ;)

Buying clothing online will always be a gamble as you cant fit it beforehand... No use being a pniel about it :ph34r: suck it up as school fees

oh excellent, one less person to clog up the postal system. gets my stuff here faster! thanks buddy! :thumbup:

Sure boet, the postal system is all yours - enjoy.

Buying clothing online will always be a gamble as you cant fit it beforehand... No use being a pniel about it :ph34r: suck it up as school fees

Read the post pnoes - I didn't order the wrong size.

Im still happy with them and I use the cheap R99 postage. But have one rule, never order clothes from overseas.

I agree. The extra tax is not worth it!

Read the post pnoes - I didn't order the wrong size.

tongue in cheek pniel! And read my post tooooo... "Buying clothing online will always be a gamble as you cant fit it beforehand... "

Never said you ordered the wrong size

yup, dont buy clothing from overseas. rule.

You cant try it on to check if it fits, you cant check the quality, you pay huge duties on it when it arrives, and as in your case, it may be the wrong jacket sent.

Edited by Li Mu Bai