What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started watching Frasier Season 1.  Sort of blast from the past... Had to stay up past my bed time to watch when it aired on SABC. Love Eddy the dog

I'm on season 7 of Seinfeld reruns. When I'm done I'm doing Frasier.

I really hope you watched Banshee season 2. Only because the 3rd season is absolutely out of control. It trumps the first 2 seasons by a mile. So much gritty, nail biting mayhem its bloody exhausting. The story is really getting into the thick of it now with many side plots merging. 

I'm only halfway through the 3rd season and I couldn't help but binge and miss out on some sleep because of it. I even opted to keep watching it instead of catching up on Vinyl. Seriously, Its THAT good. 

http://www.hboasiamail.com/newsletters/201501-v001/cinemax/images/img_1.jpg

The fourth and final season is actually airing now.

Banshee is ridiculously, insanely good - and just keeps getting better and better. One of the few shows on TV where writers still have balls and are willing to push television to the absolute limit. Going to be sad to see it end this season but better to go out on a high rather than whither away and become just another boring, predictable, play-it-by-the-numbers TV drama.

Banshee is ridiculously, insanely good - and just keeps getting better and better. One of the few shows on TV where writers still have balls and are willing to push television to the absolute limit. Going to be sad to see it end this season but better to go out on a high rather than whither away and become just another boring, predictable, play-it-by-the-numbers TV drama.

No spoilers please! Production really does push the envelope.

Directing is crisp, deliberate and raw. Some of the dramatic cinematography and editing tells the story so well with the use of intermittent split second flashes of character history in between gritty fight scenes. I love how they reflect whats going through the characters minds. Or how they explore each character so intensely so you get to know them on a personal level. Only for them to be slaughtered later on as if human life is nothing more than a privilege.

The excessive violence isn't stylized or exaggerated like a like a Tarantino movie. They could have easily gone that route. Its viciously real and at times even disturbing. Kudos to all the actors too. Well played. Except Hoon Lee (Job) I don't think he's a bad actor. I actually love how colorful his character is. But some of his scenes just come across as mediocre acting that's somehow sugar coated with obscenities and unnecessary expletives. I think he can do better. 

The Tunnel (Sabotage)

Series 1 was called The Tunnel and series 2 the same but with Sabotage in brackets.

Good British police detective story with some French flavour and enough loose ends to keep you thinking

Hell I hope dstv get that.. I really enjoyed "the tunnel "

No spoilers please! Production really does push the envelope.

Directing is crisp, deliberate and raw. Some of the dramatic cinematography and editing tells the story so well with the use of intermittent split second flashes of character history in between gritty fight scenes. I love how they reflect whats going through the characters minds. Or how they explore each character so intensely so you get to know them on a personal level. Only for them to be slaughtered later on as if human life is nothing more than a privilege.

The excessive violence isn't stylized or exaggerated like a like a Tarantino movie. They could have easily gone that route. Its viciously real and at times even disturbing. Kudos to all the actors too. Well played. Except Hoon Lee (Job) I don't think he's a bad actor. I actually love how colorful his character is. But some of his scenes just come across as mediocre acting that's somehow sugar coated with obscenities and unnecessary expletives. I think he can do better. 

I think I need to take a look at this...

I think I need to take a look at this...

You won't be sorry.

Loads better than the dragon eggs and inbreeding series

Bindge watching Happy Valley. . What a great British drama.. yoh..

The Tunnel (Sabotage)

Series 1 was called The Tunnel and series 2 the same but with Sabotage in brackets.

Good British police detective story with some French flavour and enough loose ends to keep you thinking

Just started The Bridge... Same but set in States/Mexico. Good acting, quite immersive.

Edited by (Deon)

Started Watching Game of Silence. And its pretty Good. :thumbup:

Why does the Ex- Girlfriend always Look hotter than the Fiancé :whistling:  

Edited by Lexx

Person of Interest - final season coming up. flipping giddy with excitement. one of the best sci-fi shows ever. right up there with Fringe and Continuum.

The best part is, its very topical and contemporary, thus making the story arcs involving tech very very easy to relate to. I think it conveys one of the most realistic presentations of future society than most other scifi. It's dystopian without the destruction.

You won't be sorry.

Loads better than the dragon eggs and inbreeding series

Fine line Fanie. But I have been delaying everything else to catch up on Banshee.

Including GoT. 

Fine line Fanie. But I have been delaying everything else to catch up on Banshee.

Including GoT. 

I've never really understood the whole GoT thing, I lost interest halfway through the first season.

I've never really understood the whole GoT thing, I lost interest halfway through the first season.

Strokes and folks I guess. There are a few shows that in my opinion simply aren't worth all the hype. Then there are some really good ones that not nobody seems to notice.