What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think the show leaves one too many unanswered questions regarding The Hand and its factions.

Finished it yesterday, and I have to agree with Cap. So many questions I want answered, and SOOOOO much potential for crossover.

Also found myself expecting on various occassions, for either Dare Devil or Luke Cage to make an appearance. *sigh*. as previously mentioned, there's alot about this show that leaves you wanting more. Much, much more.

Iron Fist needed to be the last of the four shows because its the one story which introduces

the more mystical side of Marvel. Magic and re-incarnation etc.

It sets the stage for the Defenders and their inevitable battle with The Hand. 

The Hand has a rich history in Marvel's comics.

All we've seen so far is a couple ninjas.

But The Hand is far more integrated than that.

They've crossed paths with everyone from the X-men to the Avengers.

Different factions exist in different universes.  

Previous members even include characters the MCU do not even have the rights of.

Characters who belong to Fox.

Notably Wolverine, Psylocke, Sabretooth, Mystique and a few others.

But this is where it gets interesting. Those left.

Characters the MCU do have rights over,

who were (or could be) members of The Hand. 

Mainly: Daredevil (Yes, he actually led a fact of The Hand at some point)

So did Elektra and Kingpin...

Now I'm guessing that plans for The Defenders and by extension, The Hand, 

will not only feature Elektra and/or Kingpin but will somehow revolve around them as pivotal key characters in the story's unfolding. 

Remember, Nobu and his faction identified Elektra as Black Sky in Daredevil season 2.

Stick and The Chaste are not out of the equation either. I predict we'll see more of them too.

Then there's Kingpin. Man, I have to say. Vincent Donofrio is to Wilson Fisk what Heath Ledger was to The Joker. He was born for that role. I'm assuming we haven't seen the last of him either.

I have no idea what's going to happen. I can only assume based on what I remember from the comics and how that pesky character rights thing between Marvel and Fox affects the the possible story line. 

I've always favored the MCU over FOX. Their adaptations of the comics have always seemed that much more creative. But FOX has really stepped things up with Legion. I just can't get over how good it is. Amidst all the confusion and psychological trauma the show puts me through every time The Shadow King rocks up. Is a bloody good story. I'm not sure if we're

seeing the Muir Island story or just a parable. But man I love watching it unfold...

Has Black Sails been mentioned here yet? Absolutely love that show. 

I noticed from the credits it was financed by SA Trade and Industries Department and filmed in Cape Town

Partially filmed in SA - basically some of the "studio" footage, whereas ocean-going footage and other scenery was shot in the Caribbean.

Iron Fist needed to be the last of the four shows because its the one story which introduces

the more mystical side of Marvel. Magic and re-incarnation etc.

It sets the stage for the Defenders and their inevitable battle with The Hand. 

The Hand has a rich history in Marvel's comics.

All we've seen so far is a couple ninjas.

But The Hand is far more integrated than that.

They've crossed paths with everyone from the X-men to the Avengers.

Different factions exist in different universes.  

Previous members even include characters the MCU do not even have the rights of.

Characters who belong to Fox.

Notably Wolverine, Psylocke, Sabretooth, Mystique and a few others.

But this is where it gets interesting. Those left.

Characters the MCU do have rights over,

who were (or could be) members of The Hand. 

Mainly: Daredevil (Yes, he actually led a fact of The Hand at some point)

So did Elektra and Kingpin...

Now I'm guessing that plans for The Defenders and by extension, The Hand, 

will not only feature Elektra and/or Kingpin but will somehow revolve around them as pivotal key characters in the story's unfolding. 

Remember, Nobu and his faction identified Elektra as Black Sky in Daredevil season 2.

Stick and The Chaste are not out of the equation either. I predict we'll see more of them too.

Then there's Kingpin. Man, I have to say. Vincent Donofrio is to Wilson Fisk what Heath Ledger was to The Joker. He was born for that role. I'm assuming we haven't seen the last of him either.

I have no idea what's going to happen. I can only assume based on what I remember from the comics and how that pesky character rights thing between Marvel and Fox affects the the possible story line. 

I've always favored the MCU over FOX. Their adaptations of the comics have always seemed that much more creative. But FOX has really stepped things up with Legion. I just can't get over how good it is. Amidst all the confusion and psychological trauma the show puts me through every time The Shadow King rocks up. Is a bloody good story. I'm not sure if we're

seeing the Muir Island story or just a parable. But man I love watching it unfold...

:whistling:

Timeless is getting a bit boring and stretched out...

Has anyone watched Goliath or Sneaky Pete?

Finished it yesterday, and I have to agree with Cap. So many questions I want answered, and SOOOOO much potential for crossover.

There was a part in the 2nd last episode where Madam Gau made reference to Claire that she seems to find the ones in need like Danny Rand and Luke Cage. There may be a crossover in the next season like there is between Arrow and the Flash.

Ive stopped watching Arrow, its really ***.

Flash is still good, I can pause and look at Caitlin all night  :drool:

So glad Into the Badlands is back. After Iron Fist, it's great to watch a series where such care and attention is paid to the fighting choreography. And make no mistake: Into the Badlands has the best fighting scenes of any show currently on television.

http://cdn.renewcanceltv.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/intobadlandsseason2-700x400.jpg

So glad Into the Badlands is back. After Iron Fist, it's great to watch a series where such care and attention is paid to the fighting choreography. And make no mistake: Into the Badlands has the best fighting scenes of any show currently on television.

http://cdn.renewcanceltv.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/intobadlandsseason2-700x400.jpg

I need to watch this. Watched the first 2 episodes and jjust lost track of it, somehow... 

Starting watching Iron Fist last night - not what I was expecting. But then I haven't read any reviews or comments from this thread, nor online. Perhaps I was expecting something else based on the series title.

Will give my views after watching more than just episode 1.

Currently finished watching (episode in brackets):

• Iron Fist (S1e1)
  • 24:Legacy (S1e8)
  • Designated Survivor (S1e13)
  • Blacklist: Redemption (S1e3)

Once I've caught up to the latest episode on the the first/last shows, then I'll look around at others.

this is the only thing I am looking forward to this year. By far my standout show in the last couple of years