What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

see how much more professional that production is. with that other knob gone now..i reckon i would rather watch this than GT

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to give it a bash. I find it pretty dull and amateurish. I don't really get a boner for cars so take that away and you really only have some boys... Who are not boys anymore....trying to have fun. That Jordon army ops thing was painful beyond comprehension...I fast forwarded through the whole. They are really relying entirely on reputation at the moment.

A bit harsh, but I get what you're saying.

I still long for the highs of TG season 22. Beautiful cinematography, good music and with a strong focus on motoring.

I think TGT has a few challenges to overcome:

1. Clearly distinguish itself from Top Gear;
  2. Not rehash epsiodes of TG past; and
  3. Bring in new viewers.

They need to ditch 'The American', have the studio sections presented in a more natural fashion and focus more on motoring and not just high-budget slapstick.

I still long for the highs of TG season 22. Beautiful cinematography, good music and with a strong focus on motoring.

3. Bring in new viewers.

They need to ditch 'The American', have the studio sections presented in a more natural fashion and focus more on motoring and not just high-budget slapstick.

Two things I really loved of the old Top Gear:

Those special races, where Clarkson gets some insane car like a Bugatti Veyron and has to try and beat Hammond and May to France with them using planes or trains or something.

and

Putting celebrity guests behind the wheel of a safe car on a test track so they can go nuts and feel the adrenaline and excitement of seeing how fast they can go.

3. Bring in new viewers.

maybe

my point is it seems cheap. Like the whole celebrity thing....seems like they cant get  top celebrity. I agree the american is really cruddy. Time will tell I guess.

where . what time?

my best show ever.

Dstv catch-up..[emoji23] [emoji23]

Not sure about real time schedule though[emoji53]