What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i watched an episode of common sense on BBC2 - had a right chuckle. Basically they get normal people to discuss things making the headlines that week

Wactched the first season of 'Outlander'. Mildly entertaining. The 'Dear Diary' narration is a bit much, but probably suits the romantic drama vibe of the show.

Wactched the first season of 'Outlander'. Mildly entertaining. The 'Dear Diary' narration is a bit much, but probably suits the romantic drama vibe of the show.

i watched the first season and got bored after about 1 episode of the second...i think i watched the first season in a period where there was not much on

I read the book, wasn't too bad, enjoyed the time aspect more than the romance. I  didn't realise it had been made into a series.

I read the book, wasn't too bad, enjoyed the time aspect more than the romance. I didn't realise it had been made into a series.

Had some hectic episodes in there towards the end of season one ... poor Jamie

I quite like the series..

Apparently they'll be doing some filming in SA at some point.

Edited by Gen

There is a big gap between now the end of Vikings season and the start of the new GoT season.

There is a big gap between now the end of Vikings season and the start of the new GoT season.

Are you watching Taboo? You should definitely give it a try:

"Tom Hardy stated he wanted James Delaney to be an amalgam of different classical characters, encompassing traits of Bill Sikes, Heathcliff, Sherlock Holmes, Hannibal Lecter, Oedipus, Marlow from Heart Of Darkness, Rodrigo Mendoza in The Mission (1986) and Don Lope de Aguirre in Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972). Hardy said: "I wanted James Delaney to be like a classical hero, a man of action, but someone who also has a depth of depravity to him and this great ability to say '**** off'.""

"Tom Hardy stated he wanted James Delaney to be an amalgam of different classical characters, encompassing traits of Bill Sikes, Heathcliff, Sherlock Holmes, Hannibal Lecter, Oedipus, Marlow from Heart Of Darkness, Rodrigo Mendoza in The Mission (1986) and Don Lope de Aguirre in Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972). Hardy said: "I wanted James Delaney to be like a classical hero, a man of action, but someone who also has a depth of depravity to him and this great ability to say '**** off'.""

His use of grunts in his lines is fantastic, though. Really good character, that. 

"Tom Hardy stated he wanted James Delaney to be an amalgam of different classical characters, encompassing traits of Bill Sikes, Heathcliff, Sherlock Holmes, Hannibal Lecter, Oedipus, Marlow from Heart Of Darkness, Rodrigo Mendoza in The Mission (1986) and Don Lope de Aguirre in Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972). Hardy said: "I wanted James Delaney to be like a classical hero, a man of action, but someone who also has a depth of depravity to him and this great ability to say '**** off'.""

Haven't seen it yet. Suppose it isn't on dstv hey[emoji53]

I like Tom Hardy so I will keep a look out for it.

Edited by Gen

Haven't seen it yet. Suppose it isn't on dstv hey[emoji53]

I like Tom Hardy so I will keep a look out for it.

No, not yet, unfortunately. It is on BBC1 so hopefully DSTV will get their butts in gear soonish.

Had some hectic episodes in there towards the end of season one ... poor Jamie

I quite like the series..

Apparently they'll be doing some filming in SA at some point.

you romantic you