What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

caught my interest, but haven't started watching it. Any good?

Sons of Anarchy combined with El Chapo/Narcos. Watched the first but I think I'll pass on it.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Completed Sharp Objects. Was entertaining enough, but it kind of feels like it was trying to be too many things at once: family drama, murder mystery, small town tale, etc. Felt a tad unfocused at times.

I just want Wayward Pines and Gotham to come back on.

+10000000 For Wayward Pines.

Completed Sharp Objects. Was entertaining enough, but it kind of feels like it was trying to be too many things at once: family drama, murder mystery, small town tale, etc. Felt a tad unfocused at times.

I watched the whole season. Didn't really liked it. was very boring at times. She's not just hurting herself, she is banging anyone that wants a freebie.. :ph34r:

BBCs Bodyguard. pretty damn good. Some intense scenes there

Started a german series, Bad Banks. It's story seems to be premised on the events leading up to the financial crisis, but from the european side. Very interesting from the get-go.

Shooter season+series finale. Sad as heck and with a clear nod to the movie. Always enjoyed the show. Each ep felt like a movie. Cheers Swagger. it'sbeen legit!

Edited by Capricorn

Shooter season+series finale. Sad as heck and with a clear nod to the movie. Always enjoyed the show. Each ep felt like a movie. Cheers Swagger. it'sbeen legit!

I read the book(point of impact) a few years after I saw the movie , the book as always is much better. I haven't seen the series yet but hopefully it does a better job.

Also enjoyed the series. Might have to watch it again, soon.

I finally got around to completing season 2 of Designated Survivor, and then started watching Timeless (last night).

Will have to page up a few posts to find some other worthwhile series’ to watch.

The First. 

Even though it's a show premised upon man's first travel to Mars, and set in a fairly futuristic, but easily relatable society, the focus dramatically,and intensely more on the human aspects of the preparation. Sean Penn is is casually awesome.

It's all too easy these days it seems, to overwhelmed by dizzying cut scenes and wave of wave of CGI'd hyper action. So it's really great, almost refreshing, when a show foregoes its genre to the extent its clearly a supporting role instead of the focus.

The First. 

Even though it's a show premised upon man's first travel to Mars, and set in a fairly futuristic, but easily relatable society, the focus dramatically,and intensely more on the human aspects of the preparation. Sean Penn is is casually awesome.

It's all too easy these days it seems, to overwhelmed by dizzying cut scenes and wave of wave of CGI'd hyper action. So it's really great, almost refreshing, when a show foregoes its genre to the extent its clearly a supporting role instead of the focus.

"a Hulu original"

giphy.gif

Bad Banks is pretty darn good, couldn't help but quasi-binge it. It tells a lot of good stories within the 6 episodes without feeling disjointed or unsatisfying as each arc seems to come a conclusion. One review calls it a female-lead billions they've been waiting for. If it's a show that's batting for female leads, then it didn't do it as crassly as some/many of the american shows. It's just a good acting by the lead.  I hope there's a season 2.

Now that i'm done, looking forward to the next installment of Body Guard. Show's hotting up nicely.

Edited by Capricorn