Confessions of a double poster

Double poster

Karma.

Speaking of Karma, what happened to that dude?? He was posting more than Bob back in the day!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waaaaahaaaa.

Rouxtjie SMS Sean and tell him to send me the SECRET HANDSHAKE PLEASE, he will understand

Rouxtjie SMS Sean and tell him to send me the SECRET HANDSHAKE PLEASE, he will understand

Will do!

Reincarnation:

Octavian.

(With full stop)

Double poster as well.....mmmmmm??????

Guest Karma

Sies man....wash your hands before and after that shake....

Sies man....wash your hands before and after that shake....

I was promised a SMS about a ride tomorrow, seems like I didn't crack a invite, ( must have been the beer talking yesterday) :)

Guest Karma

I was promised a SMS about a ride tomorrow, seems like I didn't crack a invite, ( must have been the beer talking yesterday) :)

PM'd.

Hi Hubbers,

While a little late I feel it's important to post an 'official' response on this issue.

Firstly, as is evident, it is quite difficult to stop a banned member from returning and registering a new profile. This is not to say a suspension or banning is meaningless. The loss of a long standing profile through a permanent suspension is a punishment in itself and will make many think twice before using duplicate accounts.

On this issue and following Octavian's apology the decision of a permanent ban still stands. This is not the first time Octavian has created duplicate accounts and on the previous occasion he was warned. He should have known better. Whatever the excuse, "just a bit of fun", the intention of most double posters is to stir up trouble or controversy. While they may not directly attack or abuse others they'll look to 'stir the pot', create controversy or incite others.

Bottom line: this is trolling and it will not be tolerated!

Our ability to identify duplicate accounts is improving. As some have pointed out the use of IP addresses to identify duplicate members is inconsistent. In some cases it works, however it is easy to work around and can produce a false positive. For this reason we have employed other means to detect duplicate posters (the technical details of which I won't divulge here) and currently have a list of close on 500 duplicate accounts. Many of these are legitimate: e.g. separate business / personal accounts, family members, etc.

Over the next few weeks we will be reviewing this list and weeding out any troublemakers who continue to post under multiple names.

Regards,

Matt

Looks like respect is cheap on the hub. All you need to do is be a total douche, get caught out and write a soppy confessional. I'd rather save my respect for the real heros of this world.

Easy, easy...

Give the man a cuppa coffee.

Hi Hubbers,

While a little late I feel it's important to post an 'official' response on this issue.

Firstly, as is evident, it is quite difficult to stop a banned member from returning and registering a new profile. This is not to say a suspension or banning is meaningless. The loss of a long standing profile through a permanent suspension is a punishment in itself and will make many think twice before using duplicate accounts.

On this issue and following Octavian's apology the decision of a permanent ban still stands. This is not the first time Octavian has created duplicate accounts and on the previous occasion he was warned. He should have known better. Whatever the excuse, "just a bit of fun", the intention of most double posters is to stir up trouble or controversy. While they may not directly attack or abuse others they'll look to 'stir the pot', create controversy or incite others.

Bottom line: this is trolling and it will not be tolerated!

Our ability to identify duplicate accounts is improving. As some have pointed out the use of IP addresses to identify duplicate members is inconsistent. In some cases it works, however it is easy to work around and can produce a false positive. For this reason we have employed other means to detect duplicate posters (the technical details of which I won't divulge here) and currently have a list of close on 500 duplicate accounts. Many of these are legitimate: e.g. separate business / personal accounts, family members, etc.

Over the next few weeks we will be reviewing this list and weeding out any troublemakers who continue to post under multiple names.

Regards,

Matt

Phew!

Had no idea.

Admin, you're decision is sound and well-considered.

You can suck my back wheel anytime, even with the South Easter pumping.

Respect.