CWC: Have they lost their touch?

wilvegza

Another sad day on the Hub when a first-poster's shop complaint gets the time of day; let alone four 5 pages.

Used CWC once, and it was last week, and it was fine - more than.

Pear on pizza? - maybe with stilton, but not anchovies.

Edited by Joe Low

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every shop has their issues. They too lose business from it.

People getting upset with bad service and making a noise about it is what keeps the service levels up.

So let a guy who has had a bad experience at a shop post about it, we all benefit from the improvements that could come from it.

I agree....

Every shop / shopper has had some or other experience....

perhaps the bigger the shop gets...the larger the % of "issues" become...and thus our perceptions about it!

One should really look at the percentage of good vs bad experiences....1 bad experience in 100 good ones is very different from 1 in 1000, not so?

who whould do something like create a mod to tie up an online shop's inventory? The same people that currently create viruses. Competitors and angry clients might also do it. There is enough motivation out there and this will happen.

Look, I am not saying CWC is right or wrong WRT the OPs rant. What I am saying is these things happen and you cannot stop it. You can only choose how you deal with it when it happens.

And, I am saying that the "adding of items to a basket and the system thereby reserves it for 10 or 15minutes" is not a viable option. Would you like it if you went to the trouble of driving through to CWC for an item, only to be told there is only 1 item left and it is "reserved" for 15minutes. You decide to wait the 15minutes only to be told, sorry, the item was "reserved" by another online uder before you managed to buy it... It just won't work, sorry

I think that is exactly the point the OP is trying to make.

My 2 cents.....

I saw shocks on special a while back. Phoned the shop and made sure that they keep it because i am on my way to cape town to pick it up. When walking in the door i asked for the salesman with whom i spoke........"sorry sir but your shock has been sold" Obviously i was furious.......BUT, and there is always a but! They gave me a more expensive fork for the same price. You see when a company does that i would spend money there again.

There are always 3 sides to a story and yes somebody had to take charge of the situation in regards to the rims.

If this was my bike shop i would get into my car(being the owner) drive to omnico and see what can be done and handle it face to face so that my customer does not have to have a reason for venting on the hub and the suplier would definitely not screw me around. Customer is king no matter what you sell and when a customer is happy he will always come back.....

A while back a buddy told me a story of this guy who walked into his shop every Saturday and asked a lot of questions about bikes and parts and what not.....so after a couple of saturdays he became gatfol of making small talk and the guy never buy s anything.....The mechanic steped in after the oak had left and spoke to my buddy and told him ....BE NICE TO THAT MAN BECAUSE THERE WILL COME A DAY WERE HE WIL WALK IN HERE AND SPEND ALL HIS MONEY ON ONE SALE AND MAKE UP FOR ALL THE SMALL TALK SATURDAYS....... What happened 1 month later he poped in and bought a carbon cannondale full suspension 100k x2 with all the best kit you could think of.

Morrel of the story... customer is king so look after them and make a effort to satisfy his needs. You never know what he wil spend the next day.

Thanks

I agree....

Every shop / shopper has had some or other experience....

perhaps the bigger the shop gets...the larger the % of "issues" become...and thus our perceptions about it!

One should really look at the percentage of good vs bad experiences....1 bad experience in 100 good ones is very different from 1 in 1000, not so?

Unfortunately you are only as good as your last sale.

Not gonna read the whole thread, but has OP contacted Chris Snr or Jnr with his problem, before posting his complaint here as a FIRST POST. (This always makes me wary of the motives)

Not gonna read the whole thread, but has OP contacted Chris Snr or Jnr with his problem, before posting his complaint here as a FIRST POST. (This always makes me wary of the motives)

I really had enough at that stage. Chris senior then promised me he will deliver the wheels to my house that evening. If they did not get the wheels from the agents or if they had a problem to deliver it to me I do not know, I received no message or call. I waited until just before 21h00 before canceling the order and ask for a refund.

first post :)

I really had enough at that stage. Chris senior then promised me he will deliver the wheels to my house that evening. If they did not get the wheels from the agents or if they had a problem to deliver it to me I do not know, I received no message or call. I waited until just before 21h00 before canceling the order and ask for a refund.

first post :)

Which is fair.

Any news / report back from Chris Snr?

I'm not going to badmouth CWC, except to say that I've also tried all the 'cheaper' options, CWC, Chain Reaction etc. The 10 to 15 % saving is NEVER worth it when you have a warranty claim with any of these guys, plus there's all the stress of waiting, fighting, moaning [when I'd rather be riding my bike!!]. My formula [and this might not work for everyone] is to check the price on CWC etc, go to my local bike shop and make sure they are within a resonable margin. I only use Crown Cycles [again this might not work for everyone] and they are almost always same price or within 10 to 15% of CWC and they will replace, fix, sort out anything. Why ? Probably because I support them as a shop, I service with them, I buy kit, and build a relationship. Your corner butchery is never going to compete with Pick 'n Pays but the service is always better !!

aint it funny that people don't bother to read a fred, but they feel the need to comment? I think that CWC was in the wrong here. Often you get those deals that when it starts to rain, it pours and this seems to be one of those where everything just went wrong. Usually they handle complaints quite well, but it sounds like they screwed up here. I really don't know how they could get wheels back 2 or 3 times from the supplier and get it wrong every time. Perhaps they need to check the wheels against the customer complaint / query when they get it back from the distributor, but for this they need someone that knows the difference between 26er and 29er wheels, QR, 15mm thru and 20mm thru and the actual spec of the wheelset.

Another sad day on the Hub when a first-poster's shop complaint gets the time of day; let alone four 5 pages.

Used CWC once, and it was last week, and it was fine - more than.

Pear on pizza? - maybe with stilton, but not anchovies.

I think his complaint sounded reasonable. He tried to resolve it with the shop and when this failed (18 days later and still no wheels) he brought it to the community's attention. Have CWC responded to date? I don't care if you have 1 post or 3627 posts. If your post have merit, it should be treated with respect. It probably would not have been 5 pages if you cut the cr@p from all of us that feel the need to add our 2c on every post.

I think that is exactly the point the OP is trying to make.

I agree. But it does sound like CWC tried to fix the issue. Could they have done more/better? If we go by what the OP said, yes. I am not disputing that(we all know there is always 3 sides to any story), I am commenting on the bit about paying for something when the shop does not have stock.

Sorry about my spelling, I am typing on my BlackBerry DumbPhone

read a fred, a fred? - It's a thread bru! or is dat fru ? or are my tyres fred worned, or tread forned, or must all us other hubbers who don't read the hole fred fear to step wear angels fred, ted ?

read a fred, a fred? - It's a thread bru! or is dat fru ? or are my tyres fred worned, or tread forned, or must all us other hubbers who don't read the hole fred fear to step wear angels fred, ted ?

speaka english

Peanut Butter, what did admin say about running 2 accounts simultaneously?!