Seeking Peace or just a Death Wish?

Guest Frail4Life

Guest Frail4Life

Been having a lot of Trouble at work, stressed out and under too much pressure.

I am under pressure to perform in my job, I have not taken a cycle or relaxed for the past 3 months.

Work, work and more work.

I decided enough is enough. Next off day I will be going for that Ride.

Today was my off day and i needed to change my routine.

Nothing makes me feel better than turning cranks.Here's hoping it worked for you as well.I go through the same thing so often, and working in a family business makes it no easier.

If ever you need a riding partner, pm me, just over the koppie from you.

Guest Frail4Life

I used to ride to work, 20km one way.

Now with my recent transfer it is a little difficult.

I will be not be taking NO for an Answer come summer.

A riding partner???

Na, i do not think or wish it on anybody.

My riding time schedule needs a lot to be desired!

Take kvdp up on the offer! Nothing beats a cycle and a cup of coffee after with a mate...., well, almost nothing :-) Chin up dude, you are not alone!

If I skip a couple of weeks training in the lazy months my wife tells me to start riding my bike again cause I get very cranky and agitated from not releasing my daily stress

In the same boat here. Just no energy to ride with the treatment taking its toll. Would probably feel so much better after some regular riding but just cant get going.

As said above, you are not alone! Was off for a month with a flu bug I just could not shake, then my boy got admitted in hospital, work bursting at the seams and the daily grind just getting too much for me to even look at my bike.

Also just said fuggit - Sunday I am riding even if it snows in iKapa.

Try parking your bike next to the bed at night, the wife will probably go to or send you to the spare room, last thing you see at night, first thing you lay eyes on in the morning. ( Of course if you have to go at night watch out for the shins!)

I know exactly how you feel. Been so busy with work and it feels like the first time ever that i'm not enjoying my job and it really sucks. Not even getting much riding in which should calm me down. Sucks balls.

I feel the same FRAIL, Pressure everything a mess, my personal life thank goodness is fantastic, my time is nothing, my work is sorting out other people **** most of the time....

Take kvdp up on the offer! Nothing beats a cycle and a cup of coffee after with a mate...., well, almost nothing :-) Chin up dude, you are not alone!

Gary, if that's the exit of the Swartberg Pass in your avatar picture, you have excellent taste.

Frail, you need to ride a place like the Swartberg Pass just for fun, it will clear the head like few other rides.

Hey DJR, that sure is the Swartberg! Sister in law lives in Prince Albert with her Hubby and about once a year we visit and I get to ride it. Awesomeness, and highly recommended to anyone who hasn't done it.

I find myself working 10 to 12 hours a day Monday to Friday at the moment with no real end in site.... Start at about 06:30 in the am and finish between 17:00 and 19:00 most days. However, I can make a plan to commute and do - have lights and gear to do so when it is dark so am able to ride a few times during the week no matter how early I start or how late I finish. I also try ride on the weekends too. Thus, I have to make time to ride otherwise I wouldn't and then, what would it all be for??? I LOVE TO BE OUTSIDE AN THUS I LOVE TO RIDE. Very lucky to also have a wonderful and understanding wife and kids and, for me personally, a wonderful, caring God too.

Thus, again, we hear you FRAIL and please know you are not alone. Chin up dude and go for a ride. I promise, the world won't stop turning if you do :D :D

A few years ago I came to this realisation. We have 1 chance on this earth, might as well enjoy it. These people who sit in front of the TV all day are wasting their time. I wonder how many millionaires on their death bed wish for a)more time to be at work/ or b} more time to get out there, be with family or doing what they enjoy. life is an orange, we need to squeeze all the juice out of it while we can. Flippen work always gets in the way though,