Sungardens Carousel Classic 2013

Butterbean

But then how will they get you in the store to see all the great deals and get those few items that you'll need for race day?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But then how will they get you in the store to see all the great deals and get those few items that you'll need for race day?

mmmmm.....you mean Bruce Reinecke that charged me R4900 yesterday for a saddle that I bought for R3420 at CWC today?

Yah......NOT!!

I always ride A bunch. Been doing most of the races this year and get seeded in D? From A to D is a big drop for someone that didn't even stop racing...

I always ride A bunch. Been doing most of the races this year and get seeded in D? From A to D is a big drop for someone that didn't even stop racing...

Maybe they don't think you are 'the man' anymore :ph34r:

I'm sure its an admin glitch rather than a Dr Evil plan to thwart your fun-ridng ambitions.

I did a late entry this morning and they were happy for me to pick any group i wanted "plenty of space" they said.

Suggest you give them a bell.

Is the bump not halfway?

It is - you go round a cone at the the top of the hill; but the pic must also be expressing time, as there's usually a gutter wind for most of the way back. :whistling:

I tried to plot out the route on gmaps. I get 133km??? https://www.google.c...ia=1,3&t=m&z=16

It seems my start location is different to the pdf. Can any one point out the exact start location on gmaps, or anyone have a gpx/kml from last year?

I think I have found the correct start: https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=R101&daddr=R567+to:R101&hl=en&ll=-25.249664,28.414421&spn=0.257422,0.445976&sll=-25.250441,28.374081&sspn=0.12871,0.222988&geocode=FULYff4dqJ-vAQ%3BFaSiff4dkvmzAQ%3BFULYff4dqJ-vAQ&mra=mrv&t=m&z=12

So how hectic are the halfway bumps? And how long are they... 10% for 5km's will have me walking (lol)

Route profile:

post-41865-0-37143600-1375800638_thumb.png

Track statistics:

Distance: 109.5 km

Elevation gain: 645.4 m

Elevation loss: -645.4 m

I'm also worried about the bump in the middle give my current lack of fitness.

Other race profiles on the same scale:

post-41865-0-79747700-1375800719_thumb.png

post-41865-0-99719600-1375800762_thumb.png

It's not a very hard climb, the problem I had last year is that the hammer went down on the climb and if you cant hold the bunch it can be a bit of a windy ride back (as someone has already mentioned). So try and hold onto your group on the climb and if you cant hold on, try and form your own group with a few others, it will make the return trip a bit easier.

As a guideline, there seems to be a segment of the climb on Strava http://app.strava.com/segments/724194

It gets to a max of 7% gradient.

Edited by Clay

reminds me of bela bela... bunch faded me away at the incline just before the turnaround... after i worked like an animal for them(very rude to blow me off, but well done). 14th place finish ...my best ever so happy non the less. Will ride a lot smarter this time around. Legs! Dont fail me on that 7%