• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So got feedback from Peter...

Thanks for your inquiry!

The best price for FHR930C rims is 150 USD/piece, shipping by EMS for 2 rims to South Africa will cost 58 USD, and 4% commission to PayPal will be charged.

So it is (150x2+58)x1.04 = 372.32 USD

= R5702  Pretty amazing for 2 carbon rims.
comment, plan is to fit a 2.35 front and a 2.25 rear, what's the though on the front tyre profile of a 2.35 on a 25mm ID rim.

G

• 2 months later...

I was looking around on Aliexpress for carbon stuff to start a road bike build. I asked one seller a question about a frame that looks exactly like a S-Works Venge. He replied by email with his website that needs a password to enter and a whole new world suddenly opened up! On the website he has a bunch of frames from several manufacturers where you can choose your custom paintjob or paintjob that looks just like the original frames. He also has wheelsets that looks like ENVE, ZIPP and some other big names. I ended up ordering a carbon wheelset from him based on the ENVE SES 4.5 wheelset with DT Swiss 350 hubs for R8000.00. You can mix and match to your needs.. Tubular, Clincher, tubeless, internal spoke nipples, depth of rims, your preferred hubs etc. Once you have agreed on your build through email, he sends you an aliexpress link where you can make payment and track your order.

I'm a bit skeptical about how this is going to turn out, but so far it has been a pleasure dealing with this guy. Based on Aliexpress reviews I can see he's been doing business since at least 2011, so that might count for something.

PS. He doesn't want to share the website and password to wide, so drop me a PM if anyone is interested.

Edited by JohanDiv

• 2 months later...

does anyone know if ICAN ships via SAPO once in country. Their website says they use ems shipping, but i don't particularly want to pay thousands in shipping if it takes 3 months to get to me. 

Doesn't EMS mean post office all the way, hence it's cheap?

It's not thaaat cheap, hence asking if it was post office or not...

does anyone know if ICAN ships via SAPO once in country. Their website says they use ems shipping, but i don't particularly want to pay thousands in shipping if it takes 3 months to get to me.

EMS-SAPO

• 3 months later...

Heeheehee.....

My rims finally arrived today, a month and a bit after ordering. Not bad taking Covid into account!

Quality seems pretty decent, though I don't really have something to compare it to, so I'll ask Nick his opinion on quality once he gets them...

They come with a two-year warranty, so I'm sure they'll be decent...

Weight: 500g F and 470g R.

post-86802-0-71547000-1590163830_thumb.jpg

post-86802-0-11558000-1590163840_thumb.jpg

post-86802-0-02306900-1590163850_thumb.jpg

post-86802-0-67873300-1590163861_thumb.jpg

post-86802-0-69412800-1590163873_thumb.jpg

post-86802-0-52231000-1590163889_thumb.jpg

where did you order ? I tried through aliexpress just before lockdown and they ended up cancelling my order because EMS couldn't ship to SA apparently...

Did you come right ?

They use RPX

it comes in via Linex air services. I ordered 2 sets from Ican and they got here in about 10 days.

First set has done about 8000km and they are holding up very well.