MTB brakes

Wimmas

Let me know where I can pick those up and drop off some beer... :)

Now I have to learn how to do some framebuilding to turn my old SS into a disk brake bike with paragon sliders...

I officially DESPISE you now, v12... those would have made my already disc compatible hardtail frame a very happy lady... :cursing: :thumbup:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know where I can pick those up and drop off some beer... :)

Now I have to learn how to do some framebuilding to turn my old SS into a disk brake bike with paragon sliders...

Some beer & some cash says its yours!

I love reading all these rubbish chips about Avid brakes, shows how useless and lazy some riders are.

don't compare Elix 1 and 3 to Deores, the equivalent are the model below Deores which no one ever mentions :ph34r:

Deores equivalent are like Elix 5 or 7 which are awesome.

I have Avids on all my bikes.

Juicy 3

Juicy 5

Elixir R

Elixir 5

Codes (these are amazing) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So for all those that don't like Avid, don't buy the cheapest set and expect them to work like SLX and learn to have some control in your braking finger.

I run avids on 2/4 bikes. ( the other 2 run Hopes)

My DJ/4X bike runs Avid Juicy Carbons with a Goodridge Hose upgrade. PLENTY of stopping power. Never had fade issues. Also haven't done anything to them since I got them (18 months ago).

My DH bike runs 2012 Avid Codes. So much power that your dentures will fly out. No fade. Only thing I've ever done (in 1yr of owning them) is replace a set of pads.

The Juicy was (and is) a brilliant brake. In it's day it set the standard.

Yes the Elixir (lower models) have been a let down, but Shimano makes Lemon's too :ph34r: ...so one can't say "Avid's are crap"... cos they definitely are not ALL in that boat.

No sure if thus has been mentioned...

Best brake pads to get for Xt brakes (not ice tech rotors) ?

FAO - V12man. Xmas has come early this year!!

Here you go, bargain of the year.

Old man driver.... only been to the shops and back

I love reading all these rubbish chips about Avid brakes, shows how useless and lazy some riders are.

don't compare Elix 1 and 3 to Deores, the equivalent are the model below Deores which no one ever mentions :ph34r:

Deores equivalent are like Elix 5 or 7 which are awesome.

I have Avids on all my bikes.

Juicy 3

Juicy 5

Elixir R

Elixir 5

Codes (these are amazing) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So for all those that don't like Avid, don't buy the cheapest set and expect them to work like SLX and learn to have some control in your braking finger.

Had Elixir CR's and would have swopped them for Shimano 596's if someone was willing to....SLX would have been a bonus. But I think we are flogging a dead horse here...I will always hate them, and you will always love them.

Edited by rouxtjie

I officially DESPISE you now, v12... those would have made my already disc compatible hardtail frame a very happy lady... :cursing: :thumbup:

These will REALLY burn your bum then... out the box new, + 2 x 160mm and 2 x 180mm discs - brand new + adapters, bolts and clamps... for.... Less than the price of the fronts on CRC.... arrived yesterday.... all the way from CT... :clap: :eek: :clap:

post-29797-0-94744500-1373978057_thumb.jpg

These will REALLY burn your bum then... out the box new, + 2 x 160mm and 2 x 180mm discs - brand new + adapters, bolts and clamps... for.... Less than the price of the fronts on CRC.... arrived yesterday.... all the way from CT... :clap: :eek: :clap:

post-29797-0-94744500-1373978057_thumb.jpg

I need those more than you. You're a surgeon, you know what 105kg looks like when it doesn't have enough stopping power...

(my elixir 5's stop me perfectly. I just want them cos they're purrrrrdy)

Some beer & some cash says its yours!

V12? Not interested?

Armpies?

Next stop classifieds.

I need those more than you. You're a surgeon, you know what 105kg looks like when it doesn't have enough stopping power...

(my elixir 5's stop me perfectly. I just want them cos they're purrrrrdy)

Chopped liver.... :)

But I am wondering what will happen to 65kg with too much braking... :)

Patches does not seem to struggle too much, so I am looking forward to the experiment.

V12? Not interested?

Armpies?

Next stop classifieds.

Still interested - I already offered beer... - pm me some details :)

V12? Not interested?

Armpies?

Next stop classifieds.

ME ME ME ME!!! I'll buy you a beer (sixpack) and send it via speed services if I need to. Or I can just give you this...

http://files.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/high-five.jpg

Chopped liver.... :)

But I am wondering what will happen to 65kg with too much braking... :)

Patches does not seem to struggle too much, so I am looking forward to the experiment.

They're TOO powerful for you. Seriously. You know the tree? The one that George has a problem with when he swings from the vines? Yeah - well watch out... that tree's coming for ya. HARD.

ME ME ME ME!!! I'll buy you a beer (sixpack) and send it via speed services if I need to. Or I can just give you this...

http://files.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/high-five.jpg

If a beer is a sixpack, can I have a case?

They're TOO powerful for you. Seriously. You know the tree? The one that George has a problem with when he swings from the vines? Yeah - well watch out... that tree's coming for ya. HARD.

But.... I have talent... I think... nor do I swing from vines...

:)