Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the WPs were great. Those old oomies and tannies at the Lions table were great, the kids in Valley were super helpful! BUT that first WP on Day 3 with the boeries...... hmmmm<br/>

Did you taste those potatoes lying in that boerie sauce....yamie!!!!

My partner also broke on day 2 of the Adventure but that was more to do with hugging the toilet on Wednesday night than burning all his matches on day 1...

He took the clever way out. Free wheel it into the Umko, and take the Ambulance to Jolivet

My partner also broke on day 2 of the Adventure but that was more to do with hugging the toilet on Wednesday night than burning all his matches on day 1...

He took the clever way out. Free wheel it into the Umko, and take the Ambulance to Jolivet

:clap: :clap: :clap:

MMMMM - seems I have found the person who put the gastro bug into the air at this years S2C. I was lucky enough to appear healthy all the way to Scottburgh but all holy hell broke loose when I arrived back in Jhb. Spent 3 days in bed with gastro (at least in bed when I wasn't imprisoned in the crapper).

On the plus side (easy to look at that now that I am feeling human again), managed to lose all the weight I put on as a result of too many donuts and slices of banana bread

Edited by word

MMMMM - seems I have found the person who put the gastro bug into the air at this years S2C. I was lucky enough to appear healthy all the way to Scottburgh but all holy hell broke loose when I arrived back in Jhb. Spent 3 days in bed with gastro (at least in bed when I wasn't imprisoned in the crapper).

On the plus side (easy to look at that now that I am feeling human again), managed to lose all the weight I put on as a result of too many donuts and slices of banana bread

His wasnt that bad. Was able to do day 3 at least.

Ok, lets try this again,

Mike, excuse me asking, you sure this was the 510, I'm asking since Bikeradar did a 510 review a while back and they sort of hinted to the fact that the 510 does not have navigation.

If I don't ask can end being a expensive mistake.

G

I did it using a 510. It was awesome. Very easy to use and follow the map. You can zoom in, and it tells you distance to next turn and which way to turn, it beeps when you need to turn. Great device

Ok, lets try this again,

Mike, excuse me asking, you sure this was the 510, I'm asking since Bikeradar did a 510 review a while back and they sort of hinted to the fact that the 510 does not have navigation.

If I don't ask can end being a expensive mistake.

G

The 510 does what you need it to do navigation wise - as does the 500.

Can't search for a street name and navigate you to that like the 800/810, but it can certainly follow a course like for Sanie - I used the courses provided by the organisers on my 510 this year to see - and it works fine - my partner did it on his 810 and it worked fine too - my mate did it on a 500 and it worked for him to.

Nav is going to make some things interesting - no warning markers on the route... gonna be interesting...

MMMMM - seems I have found the person who put the gastro bug into the air at this years S2C. I was lucky enough to appear healthy all the way to Scottburgh but all holy hell broke loose when I arrived back in Jhb. S

I dont think the race had any gastro cases...not that I heard of....just lots of gas...and I blame the popcorn for that

The 510 does what you need it to do navigation wise - as does the 500.

Can't search for a street name and navigate you to that like the 800/810, but it can certainly follow a course like for Sanie - I used the courses provided by the organisers on my 510 this year to see - and it works fine - my partner did it on his 810 and it worked fine too - my mate did it on a 500 and it worked for him to.

Nav is going to make some things interesting - no warning markers on the route... gonna be interesting...

We used the 500 and worked like a charm

P.s if anyone knows the dudes who did the race this year on the road bikes..give them a beer from me...they were in our batch at the start of day 1 ...I saw dust......and I never saw them again..

P.s if anyone knows the dudes who did the race this year on the road bikes..give them a beer from me...they were in our batch at the start of day 1 ...I saw dust......and I never saw them again..

We met one on our drive back to CT. His saddle broke 15kms from the end on the last day!

We met one on our drive back to CT. His saddle broke 15kms from the end on the last day!

Eina

post-25-0-02460100-1400845348_thumb.jpg

I did the Dusi2c last year with edge 800, and this year I used it with the Sani2c. It work perfectly aslong as you zoom in enough. The alarm is also fast in telling you if you missed a turn. I would suggest you get a "Out front bike mount" it is easier to follow root and watch where you're going!!