Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

5 degrees forecasted for Underberg next week.

I rode in Jhb at 05H00 this am (8 degs according to the forecast) and it was FLIPPING FREEZING.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow them on twitter and check out Facebook. Ive also asked for more comms.

@farmer_glen @sani2c_scoop hey Farmer, the riders are dying for some comms. Hearing a lot of ppl saying the "hype" machine is missing.

FG was on SuperCycling in the last week or two - his comment on the stuff before and after the race is that it is 'fluff' and that as the race is run 'farmer style' this is of little value. Rather concentrate on the physical race issues - building track, coming up with new ideas.

Which probably explains why one gets such value for money on this event, compared to others.

Remember, he has a daytime job and runs the event out of his house - not to mention runs two other major events (Joberg2C and Dusi2C).

Regarding the cold starts - I pack arm warmers, a guilet(? vest thingy) that they gave us on a previous Sani and a windproof jacket and full finger gloves. Just take it off and chuck it in my camelbak when it warms up.

FG was on SuperCycling in the last week or two - his comment on the stuff before and after the race is that it is 'fluff' and that as the race is run 'farmer style' this is of little value. Rather concentrate on the physical race issues - building track, coming up with new ideas.

Which probably explains why one gets such value for money on this event, compared to others.

Remember, he has a daytime job and runs the event out of his house - not to mention runs two other major events (Joberg2C and Dusi2C).

True, but the point is, previous years we had lots of communication and newsletters from Judy, but this year there is nothing, and last year FG was also busy with Joberg2C and Dusi2C. :whistling:

Regarding the cold starts - I pack arm warmers, a guilet(? vest thingy) that they gave us on a previous Sani and a windproof jacket and full finger gloves. Just take it off and chuck it in my camelbak when it warms up.

We had some really cold starts at Joberg2C. I only added a windjammer to my normal clothing of short finger gloves, uv sleeves , cycling shirt and lycra shorts.

Within an hour the windjammewr was in my back pocket although there was always an option to leave it at 1st watering point for collection at next race village.

My fingers did get very cold and maybe I should have worn long finger gloves at the start as well. One can buy those cotton gloves that the runners wear for about R10/pair.

We had some really cold starts at Joberg2C. I only added a windjammer to my normal clothing of short finger gloves, uv sleeves , cycling shirt and lycra shorts.

Within an hour the windjammewr was in my back pocket although there was always an option to leave it at 1st watering point for collection at next race village.

My fingers did get very cold and maybe I should have worn long finger gloves at the start as well. One can buy those cotton gloves that the runners wear for about R10/pair.

Yip, I did the same at Joberg2C. What is your training like in this week towards Sani2C? Doing anything specific or just resting up?

True, but the point is, previous years we had lots of communication and newsletters from Judy, but this year there is nothing, and last year FG was also busy with Joberg2C and Dusi2C. :whistling:

Most of what you need to know about the race can be found on the Sani2C website. Very useful information there. Go check it out.

A batch start is only at 8 according to final instructions so it wont be that cold - there goes my massage at 13.00, normally start in B or C but got F this year so I guess I just waste R440 !

Yip, I did the same at Joberg2C. What is your training like in this week towards Sani2C? Doing anything specific or just resting up?

I am not doing Sani2C but have not been near my bike since Saturday. We will start riding again this coming weekend.

My next race is the Kalchal in Botswana in mid June.

A batch start is only at 8 according to final instructions so it wont be that cold - there goes my massage at 13.00, normally start in B or C but got F this year so I guess I just waste R440 !

Send them an email and reschedule to later, they go on until about 9pm.

Lookinf for Sani2C entry, please contact me

Do you want to buy or sell an entry and for which one of the three rides?

Does anyone have a spare CAR SHUTTLE booking that I can purchase, please?

We forgot to book one...

PM me, please

Sorry if this has been posted before but does your seeding remain the same over all three days or are they reseeded after each day?

Sorry if this has been posted before but does your seeding remain the same over all three days or are they reseeded after each day?

Your seeding is based on your overall finishing time relative to the other finishers. So your day 1 time will determine your start batch for day 2 and combined Day 1 and 2 time for day 3. Your combined time for days 1, 2 & 3 will determine when you start for the journey home!