Let's see those Cannondales

Hairy

Well done Mike every good bike deserves the best equipe :whistling:

Thanks Steve????

Hope youre able to make use of the goodies...

Rgds

M

Edited by Mikejk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the first post of my Habit. I showed it on the previous page.

Since then I've had a set of RaceFace Arc30 wheels fitted and wrapped them in 27.5 x 2.6's tyres. The handling with the wider rims and tyres is seriously impressive indeed.

Ride after ride, I am just amazed by this bike, it is not suppose to be as fast as a XC bike with the longer travel; however I can keep up with the guys without straining myself. The design is just so well executed. And compliments to Cannondale for the very quick way in which the Lefty 2.0 bearing travel can be addressed; literally under 3 minutes from when you start until you are done and all the travel is back and the bearings where they should be. No need to take your bike to a shop.

post-60570-0-98136000-1517816501_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally recently finished my 2018 'Best Bike'. this build evolved massively as I went. I ended up having the frame sanded back to bare carbon and then gloss clear coated. Another change was going from Sram Forcee22 to Sram red eTAP. The bike is sitting at around 5.7kgs, but there is room for savings of around 200grams if I change the bar and stem to carbon, but for now, I am happy with where its at.

From this:

post-104156-0-15737800-1522521520_thumb.jpg

To this:

post-104156-0-09451500-1522521561_thumb.jpg

Not quite as fancy as some of your stunning equipment on here but this bike has made me very proud and very very happy for a year and just under 4000 muddy, rocky, sandy kilometers.

This is after this morning's ride from Kyalami to Modderfontein and back. Pre-wash, of course. :)

post-105680-0-70696800-1522588142_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

when the user of that play mat in the background turns 18 and moves out of the house, then maybe you will afford a new set of wheels:)

User(s) lol - i got two lifetime credit cards running around looooool 

• 2 weeks later...

582af5f2db3f248e2cc593f97939fdde.jpg

CAAD12

10spd Dura Ace

Token C28

7.1 kgs

I just recently bought the same frame and want to fit the new Ultegra R8000 groupset on it. What BB conversion kit did you use, as I’m having issues with fitting the cable guide (not enough space between the frame and BB)? I got the Praxis BB30 conversion and it doesn’t seem to be compatible with the guide that fits under the frame.

I just recently bought the same frame and want to fit the new Ultegra R8000 groupset on it. What BB conversion kit did you use, as I’m having issues with fitting the cable guide (not enough space between the frame and BB)? I got the Praxis BB30 conversion and it doesn’t seem to be compatible with the guide that fits under the frame.

I don't know, got the shop to build the bike. Have since changed to SRAM crank. 

• 3 weeks later...

Couple updates to this build:

Carbon bars

20mm Lay back saddle post

Cannondale SiSL2 crank

1 bottle cage removed, replaced with fabric 'cageless' tool keg

Ti axle keo's fitted

Veloflex Record tubs

Weight: 5.260KGs

attachicon.gifIMG_8138.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_8141.jpg

oh my WOW