Article in latest Ride Magazine pg 74

mikethebike234

Damn! Why isn't the rider wearing a full face helmet and body armour? That black diamond loop is RUFF! Plus I can see a tree in the background that isn't wrapped in a blankie.

I'm pretty sure he's not actually riding the trail. Just posing on it.

Classic hardcore MTBer tactic. I did it myself with this jump

223829_10151011775760658_1996842611_n.jpg

As you can see, my bike is placed between the launch and landing to give FB stalkers an idea of how big it is. Also it leads them to assume that I myself cleared that jump, where in fact I merely posed my bike in a photo.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure the rider in the NF Black Diamond Death-Trail pic, just posed in it for FB fame. He would be mental to attempt such a trail with so little protection.

PS @ Go-Lefty. The above pic was taken on the Spruit

Edited by patches

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! Why isn't the rider wearing a full face helmet and body armour? That black diamond loop is RUFF! Plus I can see a tree in the background that isn't wrapped in a blankie.

You get some crazy sick bastards out there :eek:

It's not a broad statement, it's a fact, go do some research, take few sips from the Camelback and come back when you know whats potting.

It is abroad statement, and I have done my research. Instead, why don't you don your lycra and ballet shoes and go do my experiment with pedaling exclusively with one muscle, and then the other, and see the results.

My point is (and read carefully now, because you seem to keep missing this part) if a large muscle and a small muscle perform the exact same amount of work, the small one will tire quicker!

If you can't assist the bigger muscle with the smaller muscle, they will tire quicker.

I'm not disputing this, I agree with that statement.

We are talking about low impact repetition here, which is what cycling is.

Explosive power ,such as weight training, different ball game.

Thanks Dr. Goose.

You are correct by all accounts, till the next ultra :thumbup:

Boom cause at the end of the day...its the scoreboard that counts. "Mashers" will pray for cleats come the cramps at 50km ...and I am not even talking multi-day events where you are saving your legs for tomorrow....unless you are fine with a 8 hour day on the trails. You summed it perfectly on the previous page tromps, they work together to counter fatigue on the whole

Here's a pic of NotSoBigBen riding that same jump (I only had the guts to pose my bike next to) on the Spruit. He was clipped in to Shimano M520 pedals so it was perfectly safe.

http://stwww.bikemag.com/files/2012/07/CHATEL-091.jpg

Here's a pic of NotSoBigBen riding that same jump (I only had the guts to pose my bike next to) on the Spruit. He was clipped in to Shimano M520 pedals so it was perfectly safe.

Sure its not NF, you know that new section by the river....looks very similar?

Thanks Dr. Goose.

You are correct by all accounts, till the next ultra :thumbup:

Anytime lawman, glad you finally see the light ;)

Not likely to see me at anything with marathon in it nevermind an ultra.

More likely I'll be bombing it down a hill with very little regard to the slight advantage that pulling on the upstroke with cleated pedals will give me

Sure its not NF, you know that new section by the river....looks very similar?

No, that's definitely the Spruit. You can see how clean the water is. I don't even bother with a camelbak when I'm there, I just cup my hands and drink.

Here's a pic of the wooden section at Northern Farms, but this is just from the blue line though, not the black diamond...

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4104/5011293367_9996ec3a30_z.jpg

Edited by patches

Anytime lawman, glad you finally see the light ;)

Not likely to see me at anything with marathon in it nevermind an ultra.

More likely I'll be bombing it down a hill with very little regard to the slight advantage that pulling on the upstroke with cleated pedals will give me

Oh I see, another "hardcore downhiller"

Enough explain,makes all you said null and void.

Guest Omega Man

Are those power lines on the left of the pic. Should complain to the city council. How can you have power lines running through a public park?????

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: banging the desk, struggling to breathe :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: - Patch you nutter!

Are those power lines on the left of the pic. Should complain to the city council. How can you have power lines running through a public park?????

Yup, they are powerlines. Everyone who has ridden the Spruit knows it has powerlines running through it. We don't complain though. They're handy when you need to charge your phone.

Yup, they are powerlines. Everyone who has ridden the Spruit knows it has powerlines running through it. We don't complain though. They're handy when you need to charge your phone.

Or your training HR 'zone' is a bit low and your coach will get naar .....

Guest Omega Man

No, that's definitely the Spruit. You can see how clean the water is. I don't even bother with a camelbak when I'm there, I just cup my hands and drink.

Here's a pic of the wooden section at Northern Farms, but this is just from the blue line though, not the black diamond...

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4104/5011293367_9996ec3a30_z.jpg

I stood next to that thing when they had the comp in 2011. That thing is HUUUUGE!! The chicken line is an 8m drop.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Ah. Sorry man. Never ridden the spuit.