Koos Klopper

jmaccelari

I have gone through a red traffic light.

It was an honest but not so honest mistake.

We were on our way from Harties and got to the Summit and R55 intersection.

Earlier on my morning ride the lights were flashing.

When we arrived that arvie I simply "assumed" it was the same.

I stopped, saw the red light and then drove off.

A car approaching from the right missed us by ball hairs.

I felt stupid and I was upset with myself for simply assuming.

The traffic light by then was up and running as normal and the driver from the right was going through what was a green light for him.

As I said an honest, but not so honest mistake, but I agree with you that mistakes can and will happen.

Yes - but you STOPPED! Anyone can make a mistake, but you were cautious in what you did. You did what any reasonable person would do.

The problem is that allegedly this woman skipped the traffic light at high speed - she did not bother to stop or slow down. If she had done so and still have made a mistake, Koos would probably have been a lot better off...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JMACCELARI, YOU NEVER EVER skipped a robot had 2 beers instead of 1, made a u turn when you were not allowed, went over the speeed limit, crossed a solid line, nearly hit a car while changing lanes cause it was in your BLIND SPOT????

WOW

WTF has that got to do with it?

The problem is that she did so without due caution and attention and nearly killed someone.

Responsible people slow down and check before doing something dangerous like that. However, there is a segment of society who don't give a sh*t about how their actions may influence others and don't do so...

Agreed but following Dips' line of thinking it is entirely possible that the driver was a average joelene that made a silly mistake. Dire consequences of course but perhaps it was just that. A second's distraction. It's also entirely possible that she is the devil's concubine and purposely jumped the light to mow down one of our own.

Hubrules dictate that she's the latter of course.

Kill her! Rape her children! Send in the serbs! Let's beat her half to death and drag her naked body through the streets. Yeah! That'll send the right message.

JMACCELARI, YOU NEVER EVER skipped a robot had 2 beers instead of 1, made a u turn when you were not allowed, went over the speeed limit, crossed a solid line, nearly hit a car while changing lanes cause it was in your BLIND SPOT????

WOW

I did not state that, Rad my post.

I HAVE skipped lights, but I stop , look and proceed with caution. I always indicate before changing lanes and this has given warning to people who have been in my blind spot and I have not seen.

It's called "being considerate", but I presume you have never heard of that?

WOW

And I don't drink alcohol. So that's out... ;-)

According to my "credible" sources, Koos is not doing as good as we would hope... He is not stable, his blood pressure keeps swinging all over the place and he is currently in coma. He is in urgent need of surgery to repair his broken leg, but his condition needs to be stable first.

This is info is from a friend of mine who knows Koos well, I have no reason to believe the facts are false but if you are family of his and you read this, rather confirm these facts with his wife before jumping to any conclusions.

Lets hold thumbs and keep Koos in our prayers...

Edit : Before we all start crying about who drinks and who doesn't drink, who skips robots and who doesn't, lets keep this thread about positive thoughts and prayers for his recovery.

Edited by KENDA

wow i hope your wife never skips a robot,,,you must be part of the hub who never ever does anything wrong

Hey.

That is now a *** argument on a thread that not intended for it.

This was a person skipping a RED light while a cyclist/car/pedestrian was crossing a green light.

BIG difference.

Skipping a red light and injuring a person like that deserves to be punished. Period

ALL I SAY is we all make mistakes, some are totally ridiculous and THEN there is no excuses PLANE I AM USELESS TO SOCIETY , i just feel the LETS TRACK THEM AND HANG THEM mentality,really????

According to my "credible" sources, Koos is not doing as good as we would hope... He is not stable, his blood pressure keeps swinging all over the place and he is currently in coma. He is in urgent need of surgery to repair his broken leg, but his condition needs to be stable first.

This is info is from a friend of mine who knows Koos well, I have no reason to believe the facts are false but if you are family of his and you read this, rather confirm these facts with his wife before jumping to any conclusions.

Lets hold thumbs and keep Koos in our prayers...

That does not sound good :(

Hey.

That is now a *** argument on a thread that not intended for it.

This was a person skipping a RED light while a cyclist/car/pedestrian was crossing a green light.

BIG difference.

Skipping a red light and injuring a person like that deserves to be punished. Period

I AM NOT SAYING IT DOESNT, i am just saying every one judges so harshly and every one knows that any one of the times that they made a ooops there could have been the same result

ok easy guys...i think the major issue is that she did not stop. If that was me i would have stopped and followed him to hospital and still be visiting him every day in hospital

Ok Guys,update. The Doctors are not going to opperate and pin his leg today, all though he is showing small signs of improvement,they feel his body is not stable enough to cope with the op. He is still ventilated but stable,all vitals are good and the bleeding has stopped. He did wake up last night and tried to pull out pipes, so that's also a good sign...... I have managed to trace the driver, she has not reported it to SAPS yet.... And on the system, the reg does not match the vehicle......... Very fishy!!! I have a few friends investigating..... Theresa asked me to thank each and every person for their support,she never realized how many people know Koos! I may need to ask for help regarding what to do if this turns out to be a "dodgy" case....

WOW

You were calling me?

Agreed but following Dips' line of thinking it is entirely possible that the driver was a average joelene that made a silly mistake. Dire consequences of course but perhaps it was just that. A second's distraction. It's also entirely possible that she is the devil's concubine and purposely jumped the light to mow down one of our own.

Hubrules dictate that she's the latter of course.

Kill her! Rape her children! Send in the serbs! Let's beat her half to death and drag her naked body through the streets. Yeah! That'll send the right message.

Issue is.

This (people not obeying traffic rules and cyclist suffering loss of life) has happened sooooooooooooooo many times and the motorist almost ALWAYS walks away unscathed. Guilty or not.

And we just have to forgive and forget and next time another one of my friends get hurt we must just, AGAIN, say....o well......he/she/it just made a bad mistake. Poor avg. joe.

Makes me sick.

Start obeying the traffic rules. All of you!

Dammit

Ok Guys,update. The Doctors are not going to opperate and pin his leg today, all though he is showing small signs of improvement,they feel his body is not stable enough to cope with the op. He is still ventilated but stable,all vitals are good and the bleeding has stopped. He did wake up last night and tried to pull out pipes, so that's also a good sign...... I have managed to trace the driver, she has not reported it to SAPS yet.... And on the system, the reg does not match the vehicle......... Very fishy!!! I have a few friends investigating..... Theresa asked me to thank each and every person for their support,she never realized how many people know Koos! I may need to ask for help regarding what to do if this turns out to be a "dodgy" case....

Thanks Super J! Hold in there, Koos!

Doesn't make any difference how innocent the lady's mistake was, or how many of us made illegal U-turns, ran stop streets etc. Sure, spur of the moment oversight, sun in her eyes, whatever.

She drove off after almost killing someone, leaving a number.

That overwrites and null-n-voids whatever lapse of concentration she might have had.