No Energade triseries?

pastapouch

In answer to some of your questions

3 Athletes raced at London Olympics and we had 1 coach and a second official who was invited there by ITU so no cost to TSA. Nope there was in fact more than these people there

If you are not a member and doing a sprint the combined cost of a level 2 sprint for sanctioning and day license is R60, based on TSA policy!

you are speaking of a sprint event, what about longer events? and what about offroad events shorter than a standard tri?

You do raise a valid question on supporting the pro athletes but the reality is without role models the sport will struggle to grow. the matter has got nothing to do with role models, however i do agree that role models are important so the governing body not the athletes/event organisers should be throwing their support towards these role models. please just tell me how you can justify the levy fees when you compare it to other events? i am all for supporting the governing body but when the governing body starts making more money out of an event than the organisers do with minimal input then i start having a problem with it

Edited by Face Plant

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if it is too expensive to enter races it will also never grow.

I also think that the sport will struggle to grow without the most popular series.

What's the point of throwing money into development (PD or other) if there is no series to participate in ?

• 4 weeks later...

I see TSA still listing Triple Crown off road triathlon at Buffelspoort on 6th October as provisional. 3 weeks to go and there is no other info or anywhere to enter. Anyone have more info?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this sprint series is going to happen.

Any more news on this ?

Sadly agree ....... Races in the WC this year - Slanghoek and Jailbreak .... how disapointing

its a pity, these are the races that go me into triathlon (+ many other mates)

they were well priced, always sold-out and gave you a chance to thrash it out for an hr or so.

there really is minimal races up here in JHB, :thumbdown:

+ I dont want to race offroad triathlons, its too uncomfortable riding through rock gardens on a tri bike..

Is Tri Rock Robben Island still happening or is that also cancelled?

Seemed a bit crazy having that on the same weekend as the Gun Run and Tiletoria cycle event!

Is Tri Rock Robben Island still happening or is that also cancelled?

Seemed a bit crazy having that on the same weekend as the Gun Run and Tiletoria cycle event!

Yeah, it's going ahead. I mentioned in another thread that it actually sold out this year.

I'm doing it on the Saturday and the Gun Run half marathon on the Sunday :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

According to the latest tritalk interview there is a new national sprint series, first event buffelsport on 1 December. Western Cape event on 5 Jan 2014.

www.xdirt.co.za

Yip agree website not good, looks a bit amateur hour. Early days, perhaps they will get their act together soon. I got the info from the tritalk podcast thingy, so not sure of event conflicts. Also think that 5 Jan is to early for an event in CT, we locals normally escape to the garden route to get away from the Gautengers who invade our beaches in their lumo speedos

It's also an off road triathlon and we need a proper road triathlon sprint series!

From what I heard on the interview they are going to have a road and a mtb option for each event. not sure how practical for each venue, especially the one in Grabouw, but lets wait and see. I personally dont really care if it is road or MTB. Both count as proper triathlons in my book