Schwalbe Racin Ralph tyre

I bought theses tyre to try them out. Please note these were not the snakeskin type (R650.00 for a trye is crazy) but were still expensive at R450.oo. It burst on my second ride over a few small rocks. The grip and traction was ok and I didnt slip on the hills. I really question their durability though. Maybe for light terrrain they are usable but definetly not for rocky stuff. I'm very dissapointed in them and will not buy a set again.

Mtb riders need to learn to pick their line better.

Ive been riding these for a long time now on my 29er and I find them to be better tgan the Conti's.

You should have lifted your wheel over the rock or avoided it.

I used to ride with a motocross ex SA champ who used to shred tyres almost every ride at Monaghan Farm, purely because he wasn't a careful rider

be more specific, which model of racing ralph did you use? there are a few versions, and just saying racing ralph slates every single one of them. Wish hubbers would be more precise.

It tore on the back tyre on a really small rock, I was surprised to see it tear because the terrain was not bad at all. Maybe it weaked earlier on in the riede on some other rocky section, but I have ridden much worse on kenda and maxxis without it happening.Maybe the snakeskin is a lot better and the standard isa Euro type tyre where conditions are not as harsh.

be more specific, which model of racing ralph did you use? there are a few versions, and just saying racing ralph slates every single one of them. Wish hubbers would be more precise.

Scwalbe racing ralph evo

pace star triple compound

evolution carcass

Thats all I can see. on the tyre. I had no idea there were more variations other than snakeskin and these as i never used Swalbe before as I stated. I wanted to try them out.

racing ralph snakeskin is the business....awesome tyre. dont buy a non snakeskin unless you are gonna ride is purely on jeep track

you get the performance line (dodge like it's the plague)

then evo with its variants of compound: pace/trailstar

then evo with snakeskin and same variations in compound.

Wish Schwalbe would consolidate its lineup somewhat, but i guess that's the point of trying to hit every price point out there.

but coming back to you problem, I have to agree: if you counting grams and dodging snakeskin therefore, expect a cut at some point, and it will happen to almost any other tyre exactly the same way. Just roll of hte dice it didnt happen sooner with another brand.

But if you want superb cut protection, get the snakeskin variety.

Have done 2 x W2Ws (rocky enough in parts) and 1 x Sani on mine, no issues, not even a single puncture. Underinflation perhaps? The size of the rock isn't important, how sharp it is / fast you go / flat your tyre is, that's what determines sidewall blowouts.

Emphasis on picking your line. I've been riding the Maxxis Crossmark tubeless ready tyre on the rear for 14 months (on my second one which is near the end of its life), not the UST version. Touch wood, I have never had a sidewall cut on them. Hell, I even rode with a Rocket Ron Evo on the front for about 6 months before I cut the tyre on glass, and those sidewalls are paper thin (I rode the Barberton Ultra with the Rocket Ron Evo's front and rear with no issues.)

Question, do you ride a dual suss? Most guys that didn't learn to ride an HT or didn't ride an HT for years have the tendency to not bother with their lines at all because they are accustomed to the rear suspension absorbing the trail.

Emphasis on picking your line. I've been riding the Maxxis Crossmark tubeless ready tyre on the rear for 14 months (on my second one which is near the end of its life), not the UST version. Touch wood, I have never had a sidewall cut on them. Hell, I even rode with a Rocket Ron Evo on the front for about 6 months before I cut the tyre on glass, and those sidewalls are paper thin (I rode the Barberton Ultra with the Rocket Ron Evo's front and rear with no issues.)

Question, do you ride a dual suss? Most guys that didn't learn to ride an HT or didn't ride an HT for years have the tendency to not bother with their lines at all because they are accustomed to the rear suspension absorbing the trail.

+1

Well spoken. Riders don't bother to pick a line and then blame the tyre.

Pretty much like Jacques Villeneuve did when he was racing indy car

I ride a 26 htail so have to choose a line carefully.

I was racing but as I say it was a smalll innocuous looking rock. Will b more careful. Thanks for the schwalbe tyre update I learnt something. Viva the hub. Cheers.

I ride a 26 htail so have to choose a line carefully.

I was racing but as I say it was a smalll innocuous looking rock. Will b more careful. Thanks for the schwalbe tyre update I learnt something. Viva the hub. Cheers.

No worries.

I shredded a brand new Conti protection tyre 2 years ago on its first outing at Teak Place on a small innocuous looking rock.

Was pissed off that it was my own doing, so much so that I still have the tyre hanging in my garage to remind me what can happen when you just "fokmaarvoord"

I don't like Racing Ralphs that much, find the knobs tear off a bit too quickly. But durability wise, like Crispy says. If you look where you put your wheel, the tyre will last just as good as any other.

R450 per tyre is very expensive though...