Buying my 1st house/self employed/advice please

madvics

Why don't you use a bond originator? They sometimes have connections that will see the deal through.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't forget to budget the extra cash for upfront expenses, including attorney fees, bond registration and taxes

banks normally grant 110% bond for first time buyers

Why don't you use a bond originator? They sometimes have connections that will see the deal through.

We went this route, bought a house back in Jan and moved in in May. Both myself and my partners are sole members of our own CC's so that really spices it up a bit!

Our accountants also assisted with everything. But ja, what fun it was!

banks normally grant 110% bond for first time buyers

Not a chance... Not even 100% anymore. 90 if you're lucky.

Not a chance... Not even 100% anymore. 90 if you're lucky.

I got 95% on 2.5mil, and I've got a bond on another property. This is the 7th house I've bought

We went this route, bought a house back in Jan and moved in in May. Both myself and my partners are sole members of our own CC's so that really spices it up a bit!

Our accountants also assisted with everything. But ja, what fun it was!

Thats the thing , if you work for someone, doesn't matter how the business is doing they look at your payslips bank statements and affordability, when its your own business they even want to know what toilet paper you use.

I got 95% on 2.5mil, and I've got a bond on another property. This is the 7th house I've bought

Yeah Fands, but 110% - not a chance, buddy. Unless you've got substantial assets to back it up, no way a bank is going to grant a 110% bond in today's financial climate.

Thats the thing , if you work for someone, doesn't matter how the business is doing they look at your payslips bank statements and affordability, when its your own business they even want to know what toilet paper you use.

Ja, the banks dont care, we wound up making use of the bond originator as it seemed the easiest.

Our account did all the financial paperwork and they did all the other stuff. Get the two together.

But we are also first time house buyers. But its all a shlep and a PITA, but hang in there and it will work out though!

Then you're not a 1st time buyer and have a relationship with the bank as an obvious 'good' client. ABSA is generally the bank that grants their own clients 95% bonds, but that's also dependant on a credit rating of 1.

Then you're not a 1st time buyer and have a relationship with the bank as an obvious 'good' client. ABSA is generally the bank that grants their own clients 95% bonds, but that's also dependant on a credit rating of 1.

fnb

fnb

Still, if it was your 1st home, its unlikely you would have gotten as good a deal.

Your interest rate was probably far better too...

Still, if it was your 1st home, its unlikely you would have gotten as good a deal.

Your interest rate was probably far better too...

mmm so so - my existing bond is -2% I think I got -1.75% on this one