TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

r

So, I am moving down from Gauteng to Durbanville in a week's time.........should I join this MTB Club?? :blink:

Gerhard yes - they have fantastic trails and as a member you will have access to members only sections which are great.

There are internal politics and certain issues that are clouding my view of them being open and honest but if you can keep an open mind and can decide based on facts not emotions then that shouldn't worry you.

So, I am moving down from Gauteng to Durbanville in a week's time.........should I join this MTB Club?? :blink:

Heck yes. The trails are awesome. Also, drop me a line, then we go for a ride. :)

Nah most people will be happy with the fences being made easier for WOMEN, and the other section made so women dont go over their handlebars when their 26er wheels gets stuck in the rut.

Different levels need to be kept in mind. New people need to build confidence.....come ride with me so we can see if I am asking this for my own good ?

BTW I have a road bike, ohhh and a FS. oh and a 29er HT....

ohhh and a 29er commuter....Think I have it covered :-)

You also have a *** attitude

You also have a *** attitude

Sorry you feel that way....I think you might read something out of context....but you are entitled to your opinion.

" BTW I have a road bike, ohhh and a FS. oh and a 29er HT....

ohhh and a 29er commuter....Think I have it covered :-)"

Joh! So much of amabicycele..

" BTW I have a road bike, ohhh and a FS. oh and a 29er HT....

ohhh and a 29er commuter....Think I have it covered :-)"

Joh! So much of amabicycele..

Go read it in the context....a few people were saying that I should get a road bike....etc.....but whatever......

Let the club committee do what they want....and defend them....one month later and still they have not dealt with my issue? This after the chairman said "Sean is just being a D@@S" yes that was his excat words.

The Epic trashed the trails last year, so what is going to happen if the Epic comes to the trails again? It will not be repaired for months

I did nothing wrong and my FB was removed because Sean Noble has a personal issue with me, but he allows his brother to post anything without banning him?

When someone said that "if a trail looks like that" refering to a phot "it should be closed untill fixed" Seans replied "the cows did it" Now who cares WHO did it...the suggestion is that we do not ride it untill it is fixed as it is damaged more and more.

If they as a committee feel it is correct to treat me and other members like this, what else do they do on their own?

I submitted a "vote of no confidence" in a certain member and asked for a meeting......but it was swept under the carpet. It that how serious they take those things?

The chairman has made many "promises" to me but NOTHING happened now people attack me? He said that they will do signage...NOTHING happened, they will fix the stepovers "tomorrow" nothing happened

So come on, see the bigger picture the trails are fantastic.....and you get value for money BUT keep your mouth shut or else!

TBMTB club has FANTASTIC trails, but it ends there.....the commitee does not care about the members.

Edited by Smimby

Um that's not what I meant , You just have a lot of bikes.

Sorry, I misunderstood then....

:-)

What if the member lets you in ..... :whistling:

It is still against the rules, the club has an agreement with the farm land owners. The agreement is that only club members are allowed, NO NON MEMBERS. If the land owners find non members they will close access to everyone.

Being a member means that you are being kept in the loop of farm rules and regulations, you are also contributing to the maintenance costs of keeping our trains in top shape.