TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

not close to the politics here but maybe you must accept these blokes from the club just dont want to make friends with you anymore, perhaps youre just too much admin going on and on and on, seesh its time to get on your bike and live life

Not about making friends, it is not OKES from the club it is the COMMITEE that is not doing their job.....hence I should go on untill I get access to something I have a right to.....

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Pretoria, we don't have clubs maintaining trails and enforcing discipline. We pay entry to a nature reserve and have giraffe sort out anyone abusing or leaving the designated trails. Works for us....

You okes are rof there on the Highveld...

Heehee

Yay....I got an invite to go to a meeting for an informal chat.....

But there seems to be a catch.....it is at a lawyers office, with only the executive committee there and a lawyer....more in line with the constitution for a HEARING......

So we go from being ignored to lawyers? Clearly this club has money to burn

edit:spelling

Edited by Smimby

Yay....I got an invite to go to a meeting for an informal chat.....

But there seems to be a catch.....it is at a lawyers office, with only the executive committee there and a lawyer....more in line with the constitution for a HEARING......

So we go from being ignored to lawyers? Clearly this club has money to burn

edit:spelling

You finally got what you wanted all along. A chance to sit with some of the committee members and voice your opinion.

Why do you still try to find additional accusations while you are at it? Has it ever occured to you that the lawyer could be a club member? And a good mediator in case wild accusations start flying around?

I have been on a MTB club committee for the last two years, and whenever we have a meeting where accusations(like your "money burn" one above) might take place, we make sure we have a neutral mediator present.

Then maybe a neutral venue may have been more appropriate. My meeting has been called in office hours which will make it difficult to bring a neutral mediator from my side.

You finally got what you wanted all along. A chance to sit with some of the committee members and voice your opinion.

Why do you still try to find additional accusations while you are at it? Has it ever occured to you that the lawyer could be a club member? And a good mediator in case wild accusations start flying around?

I have been on a MTB club committee for the last two years, and whenever we have a meeting where accusations(like your "money burn" one above) might take place, we make sure we have a neutral mediator present.

What happened to the commitee want to have an INFORMAL discussion? Then ONLY 2 of them are invited and legal....Not what we were promised.

They tell us every day that they have jobs but organise this in working hours? HUH?

Nothing about this looks like an informal chat... and if the lawyer is what you say .....then they can have it after hours in the clubhouse etc...

Underhanded tactics never stop with this lot....

I am over this, good luck TBMTBC....do what you want.............................

Admin you can delete or close this if you see fit or leave it.......

Cheers I am out of here to ride my bike...............

What happened to the commitee want to have an INFORMAL discussion? Then ONLY 2 of them are invited and legal....Not what we were promised.

They tell us every day that they have jobs but organise this in working hours? HUH?

Nothing about this looks like an informal chat... and if the lawyer is what you say .....then they can have it after hours in the clubhouse etc...

I am over this, good luck TBMTBC....do what you want.............................

So 262 postings later and many a month later you get what you wanted and now you don't want it.

I am way past debating(fighting) with you so hopefully you do not take this the wrong way but if you believed in what you are fighting for then why would you shy away from the meeting, who cares who is there or were it is being held.

Go to the meeting and put your feelings on the table, you may have been right all this time.

Hopefully you do not take this message the wrong way because I seriously believe a person should fight for what they believe in, if you are proven wrong well then you need to put it behind you and move forward in life :)

So 262 postings later and many a month later you get what you wanted and now you don't want it.

I am way past debating(fighting) with you so hopefully you do not take this the wrong way but if you believed in what you are fighting for then why would you shy away from the meeting, who cares who is there or were it is being held.

Go to the meeting and put your feelings on the table, you may have been right all this time.

Hopefully you do not take this message the wrong way because I seriously believe a person should fight for what they believe in, if you are proven wrong well then you need to put it behind you and move forward in life :)

But this does sound like a kind of an "Ambush Meeting" and not very transparent.

why not just go along? it can't be hearing without a summons/letter. tell them if they make it into a hearing you will leave. if that's what happens, then walk out.

why not just go along? it can't be hearing without a summons/letter. tell them if they make it into a hearing you will leave. if that's what happens, then walk out.

agree , take them on , clear the air. agree to disagree, whatever. then you will be at peace with yourself

Must agree!

you got what you wanted all along...

MAKE CONTACT END MAKE YOUR FEELING /CONCERNS KNOWN!

don't shy away from lawyers...you have nothing to hide, nothing malicious said etc.

you wanted answers...now go get them!!

• 3 weeks later...

So just to update those of you following. I declined to attend the meeting as I have not been formally charged with anything and as stated I find the lawyer involvement rather heavy handed, considering it was stated to be an informal meeting. Also the fact that it was in working hours was also an inconvenience due to the nature of my job. The reply I received was your point is noted and we will be in touch shortly.... This was 2 weeks ago...

Lo and Behold Thursday morning arrives in my mailbox a letter from their lawyers - not registered mail mind you - but a whole bunch of Blah blah and some inaccurate statements covering a very thinly veiled threat of disciplinary action should I continue doing whatever i was doing.