Mont Sainte Anne course preview

NicoBoshoff

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mens Overall after MSA

So how far off the mark is Greg as a World Champ contender if you look at the current WC standings?

So how far off the mark is Greg as a World Champ contender if you look at the current WC standings?

Local course gives Mr Min a HUGE edge. It does add a level of pressure but he always gives it horns in his home town. I've been asking myself a similar question and I don't think you can transfer the results from WC to determine a World Champs outcome. IMO.

world cup standings dont prove diddle. Ask remi Thirion. If Andorra was worlds, he woulda been world champ.

Or ask sam hill about worlds in MSA (2010). he was no where in the world cup overall race, but he smoked them in that worlds. It's the one run to rule them all. No points accrual, just the fastest rider wins. All bets are off in terms of comparing world cup form to world champs form.

Whether it's an excuse or not for his current suck-ass form, word is Gwin is aiming to peak at worlds. I wouldn't be surprised if Greg is doing the same. Then again, so is everyone else ;)

Edited by Capricorn

Is it just me or is Rachel Atherton a bit condescending?

Read on her twitter feed:

rachel atherton@rachelatherton12h

Fair play to Ragot she had a stormer of a time, would have been a fair battle if I could've stayed upright! #EmmelineRagot #pocketrocket :-)

it is open to interpretation, but given how genuinely happy Rachel always is no matter who wins, i doubt any malice is intended. A little cheek is acceptable though ;) That said, Her Hotness™ Ragot rode a superb race, and I think rachel was just saying that if she had not binned it, she might have stood a chance to catch Ragot on the line.

it is open to interpretation, but given how genuinely happy Rachel always is no matter who wins, i doubt any malice is intended. A little cheek is acceptable though ;) That said, Her Hotness™ Ragot rode a superb race, and I think rachel was just saying that if she had not binned it, she might have stood a chance to catch Ragot on the line.

I agree, doesn't sound condescending at all. By "fair battle" I'm sure she means "good" battle, not that it was unfair.