Flagging on Strava

LouisLipz

I would seriously consider getting a expert hacker to trace this guy / girl flagging your KOM's. And when you do find him / her, flag all his / her rides and get back at him / her. Eye for an eye I say

Why go through all the trouble. Just go to the segment and flag everybody in the top 10's ride. :whistling:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad that they win a virtual race and get upset because they got flagged. Race away on your training ride, you know what you achieved who cares if you got flagged

+1 on this one.

If you get pissed off by a stranger flagging your "legit" strava rides then perhaps you care too much what other people think.

Like some of the other have said - if you enjoy strava and the virtual opposition makes you train a bit harder and enjoy the leaderboard aspect then great but when it becomes a he said that she said that I took a scooter round SBR with my iPhone so I flagged their ass then perhaps it's time you removed the app.

I personally think they are sad, not because they like different things, but purely because they use Strava for validation and have gotten to a point of using it in their local area to try and "make a name" for themselves.

yeh absolutely. as someone else said, racing is the final say.

but if thats whats makes them happy, who are we to judge?

bragging rights? Same goes for winning P bunch at the argus. No one really cares, but its still cool to tell your mates at work on monday that you won P bunch. And if some tosser took a shortcut and beat you, you'd feel hard done by. You trained honest and did the ride. why should someone else illegitimately steal your thunder.

I think its more sad they people flag legitimate rides so they can claim they're the fastest when they arent

Honestly I don't think they really care. If you want bragging rights for anything, you and your mates should line up next to each other and check who has the biggest tottie. If you win that then you can brag

Why go through all the trouble. Just go to the segment and flag everybody in the top 10's ride. :whistling:

It was said with a hint of sarcasm....

Honestly I don't think they really care. If you want bragging rights for anything, you and your mates should line up next to each other and check who has the biggest tottie. If you win that then you can brag

well? did you win?? :)

What is sad is that some okes who have never won a KOM can make judgements on the guys who are proud of their KOM's. It's stil an achievement - so what if it's virtual?

Just out of interest sake. How much faster were you than the second person on the leader board. If you were way faster then your ride might look suspicious and thus get flagged. I personally know of people that drove segments with their car just to get a KOM (NOW THAT IS SAD!!!), but that is how serious some people take getting KOM's.

What is sad is that some okes who have never won a KOM can make judgements on the guys who are proud of their KOM's. It's stil an achievement - so what if it's virtual?

BOOM! Judgement Day. Bring it.

Uhhh wait. What is sad is that oke thats have a segment KOM think that okes that don't have a KOM are incapable of having a KOM but don't want to install Strava to get KOM that are not worth anything because okes that have a KOM get flagged by okes that want a KOM and have Strava but can't get a KOM so they make fun of the okes that have a KOM.

There. I said it. Make sense of that. Bitches.

Just out of interest sake. How much faster were you than the second person on the leader board. If you were way faster then your ride might look suspicious and thus get flagged. I personally know of people that drove segments with their car just to get a KOM (NOW THAT IS SAD!!!), but that is how serious some people take getting KOM's.

Varies. I don't think I got flagged because the flagger thought the ride was illegitimate. I got flagged because the flagger was pissed off. Hence the three flags in 5 minutes.

Bud....I don't know quite how to say this, but its not....

Varies. I don't think I got flagged because the flagger thought the ride was illegitimate. I got flagged because the flagger was pissed off. Hence the three flags in 5 minutes.

I think it's a good question. How much faster were you?

Strava - turning normal cyclists into drama queens since whenever they started Strava.

Drama queens and competitive stravassholes.

Congratulations, here is your virtual trophy

post-9770-0-27761500-1376296529_thumb.jpeg