Flagging on Strava

LouisLipz

You have to seriously haul ass to take a KOM in the bosch..... that's no lie. Flagging a legit ride just sucks. I've flagged a ride that stole a KOM before, but then only because the guy was averaging 125km/h along the N1 for a portion of the ride.....

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't do many races thus I use Strava to gauge my progress against a few people that I respect and trust so yeah, it would seriously cheese me off if I started getting flagged for no reason.

Truth be told I've flagged one of your 2012 rides. U hit a speed of 96km/h between Thaba and Rietvlei. Unless u know who my supplier is, that's too fast for a human.

Truth be told I've flagged one of your 2012 rides. U hit a speed of 96km/h between Thaba and Rietvlei. Unless u know who my supplier is, that's too fast for a human.

Think that was my brothers ride, :-)

96kph up the hill past the church is unlikely

Well I hate strava........I rode a climb segment two months ago after 3 weeks training and did the same one at full effort yesterday. Yesterday was 1 second slower...WTF, I want a second opinon.......... anyone got Endomondo's number?

Did a quick loop with the Spruit Manne on Sat, I want to add the following as segments, the tree jump, the Spruit skinny, that one gap jump, the park bench hopping, and seeing my miellie on some itchy balls on the pavement outside the botanical gardens. Possible?

Oh and Jarek's tuck n roll off the skinny needed to be added also....

Best fall I have seen in a while....classic dismount technique

Hijack on : Who has done the Crator Cruise Ultra with a single speed and can you recommend a gear ratio for me? Going to try and make my virgin SS race the Crator Cruise. Hijack Off.

I rode a 34/14 a 34/16 and a 33/16 and niether of them felt great.

The 34/14 was probably the best, that had me on target for sub 4 but after getting a bit lost at the water table at the river (I went straight and had to come back) and that last climb with the smiley face, it pushed me back to 4:05.

*** race on a SS.

The 34/14 was probably the best, that had me on target for sub 4 but after getting a bit lost at the water table at the river (I went straight and had to come back) and that last climb with the smiley face, it pushed me back to 4:05.

*** race on a SS.

I am not surprised you got lost at a water table ...... a bar counter is more familiar perhaps?

*** race on a SS.

Respect :whistling:

Sorryberg with the smiley face

*** race on a SS.

Yo that's a monster. Did you ride that 2km climb or walk/run :eek:

If they do it just to be funny, or spoil your glory I will also get upset

But tbh it the last 2 months I have probably flagged 6 rides.

As they tend to do a mtb comp or criticall mass and leave the devices on. But only if you can clearly see it was like that.

What I mean by clearly see(driving on the highway at speeds of exceeding 90 km/h, usually the avg is around 110. or they said so in the comments etc.

If you knew you left ur device on, why uplaod it? Or upload but then just make it private.

But tbh im more fased about if I improved my time(pr) than ahcieving a Kom, its nice competition though.

Edited by Brian Flowerday

yeh absolutely. as someone else said, racing is the final say.

but if thats whats makes them happy, who are we to judge?

He only care about it being flagged, because people judge. Strava is awesome. But if you need someones approval, Strava and ESPECIALLY the hub is not the place to come look for it. My dad also never told me he was proud of me, but that is not why I use Strava.