MotoGP

SeaBee

@bertusras - where did what I say automatically mean he's now kaaaak? Please, man. I respect the rider incredibly. The vehicle he's now riding can now back his skills up better than it could, previously. Sheesh. It's not always binary. And this tweet shows how they're trying things to get it (the frame) to do things better. 

Yeah you totally misinterpreted my post. You said it's not about his skills, and that the bike is supporting him. Yet he is the ONLY rider to have made 66 degrees (without ending up in a gravel trap), not because he wanted to, but because he had to, as the bike doesn't want to turn properly.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.cycleworld.com/casey-stoner-versus-marc-marquez-who-would-win-impossible-motogp-dream-race/

Very interesting article, on Stoners raw talent and Marc's ability to learn.

Its a pity we will never be able to see races like these.

Imagine, all riders at their prime. Doohan vs Stoner vs Marquez vs Rossi vs Sheene vs Spencer, etc, etc.

vs Schwantz who would scare all of them witless!

Yeah you totally misinterpreted my post. You said it's not about his skills, and that the bike is supporting him. Yet he is the ONLY rider to have made 66 degrees (without ending up in a gravel trap), not because he wanted to, but because he had to, as the bike doesn't want to turn properly.

I said it's not ALL about his skill anymore. The bike has improved. More power, better tyre management and so on. It may not want to turn properly due to a couple of small chassis changes, but he still has the best skillset on the grid, I'm sure of that.

Scratch it up to a misunderstanding. He's skilled AF. The bike just makes it a bit easier for him overall now, compared to years past. As per that article that was posted a few pages back.

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

I said it's not ALL about his skill anymore. The bike has improved. More power, better tyre management and so on. It may not want to turn properly due to a couple of small chassis changes, but he still has the best skillset on the grid, I'm sure of that.

Scratch it up to a misunderstanding. He's skilled AF. The bike just makes it a bit easier for him overall now, compared to years past. As per that article that was posted a few pages back.

If it was the bike, then surely his team mate would have been 2nd in the championship...?! 

Sorry Captain, just had to pull your leg! ;) 

If it was the bike, then surely his team mate would have been 2nd in the championship...?! 

Sorry Captain, just had to pull your leg! ;) 

LOL. Nah, his team mate is still looking for his slippery octopus 

Wow!

(Why do I feel its a little too soon) 

Let's not forget, Brad is actually an "older" rider in Moto2. I think anyone would jump at any chance of being at the pinnacle of their sport or career. 

So cuffed for Brad!!!! 

Wow!

(Why do I feel its a little too soon) 

Me too. Perhaps it's because he hasn't yet dominated Moto2 - is that even necessary - or even that the MotoGP KTM is not competitive.

Me too. Perhaps it's because he hasn't yet dominated Moto2 - is that even necessary - or even that the MotoGP KTM is not competitive.

The only thing that makes me hesitant is his comment of it being better to be on a crappy GP bike than a crappy Moto2 bike.

That is defeatist talk which is not a good start.

Also the KTM head honcho, Pit, said they needed to move him up to keep him which tells me he would have moved to maybe, possibly Marc VDS in Moto2 if he didn't move. That's my guess anyway from the interviews read......

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Was he pushed or did he jump ????

Brad is sponsored by KTM , I think they tell him where he is most needed .

I am betwixed and between here ...

Glad he has the ride and know he will make the most of it ....HOWEVER ,

Riding an uncompetitive bike in MotoGP can be a limiting option .

Look at Thom Luthi , and Tito Rabat ....Luthi back in Moto2 and Tito on his way .

Zarco not exactly performing like he did on the Yam , and Hafis Syrihn back to Moto2 .

Brad is certainly WAY better that HS , but Zarco was 2 x Moto2 WC and Rabat 1x .

I wish Brad all the very best and would love to see him make a huge success of this , but am sceptical due to the machinery , and he only has a 1 year deal .