MotoGP

SeaBee

Good luck Saffa Boys...

Brad and Darren Moto3

and

Cam Petersen first race in USA on Saturday.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's his first year on the Honda though.

Wonder if he's bummed about leaving Ducati now that they're quick for the whole race?

I would imagine no more bummed than Rossi is.

Just shows only 1 rider could tame the original red beast. Only after they Japanesed the beast is it rideable for the average rider. Dovi is quick but like Pedrosa, he won't be able to string a whole season together.

Marquez and COTA are just magic, that qualifying lap "riddled with errors" was insane, probably the best single lap ever done, considering the circumstances.

Also, the Ducati is real, for now. We'll see how it fairs when it comes to Argentina which flows a little bit better. Obviously the fuel concession they had is more of a deal than they let on, seeing as Iannone parked his bike at T1, or just very good calculation. Gigi has until October to sort that problem out, but if there is one thing we can say, that thing is a rocketship. 

This season is fantastic thus far, just amazing!

Marquez and COTA are just magic, that qualifying lap "riddled with errors" was insane, probably the best single lap ever done, considering the circumstances.

Also, the Ducati is real, for now. We'll see how it fairs when it comes to Argentina which flows a little bit better. Obviously the fuel concession they had is more of a deal than they let on, seeing as Iannone parked his bike at T1, or just very good calculation. Gigi has until October to sort that problem out, but if there is one thing we can say, that thing is a rocketship. 

This season is fantastic thus far, just amazing!

I see we frequent the same site, that summary is basically what I read yesterday.

Just to elaborate, Gigi has until October to sort fueling out as that is when the Motegi race is held which is the thirstiest track on the calandar. Along with misano, but being a Ducati test track they can solve that track and get calculations done pretty easily.

I think the next concession to go, the soft tyres, will be a bit of a bigger hit than the fuel. Dovi and Iannone have had to use it to get to the quali positions they have achieved, when that goes they will start further down which will be the true test.

To be honest, I am more impressed with the Suzuki, they came into the seaon on the backfoot with reliability issues and they are doing really well.

Crutchlow is a disappointment, think that LCR was better off sticking to Bradl.

Indeed, A&R has a wealth of information.

Losing the soft tyre will only happen after three race wins I think? And that is only helping their qualifying position. They are still very fast on the medium option, and some tracks they will actually want the harder option rear tyre. The biggest thing would be the limitation on engine development and testing, that's where their big advantage is. And that's what I really like about the new rules. Allow the guys who haven't had success unlimited testing and freedom to play catch up.

As you rightly said, Suzuki are doing amazing. As soon as they find some more power they will be challenging the top 5. I'm quite keen to see the first wet race as well, because it's very obvious that the Suzuki has a superb chassis. Aleix Espargaro deserves much more than he's gotten thus far. He rode the wheels off the ART CRT bike, he rode the wheels off the NGM Forward Open bike, and now he's doing the same on the Suzuki. I'd love to see him on a satellite Yamaha!

I actually had a sneaky suspicion that Crutchlow got Dani's bike this weekend going on Free Practice performance...

Also, apparently Honda has cranked up the revs on the Repsol bikes to 18,000rpm, something which shouldn't have been possible with the 81mm bore. They really know how to make a great motorcycle engine, it's amazing. That many revs, only 20l of fuel, and no spectacular blow-ups.

I am also suitably impressed with the Suzuki . A Espargaro is certainly a class act , and he will just get better and better as the bike improves . Vinalez doing a great job as well .

Crutchlow has no excuse now .... he wanted a "Factory" Honda , got his wish , and is still running 7th ish every race . I think the only other option for LCR would have been Jonny Rea , but Honda have lost him now . 

Dovi is showing that he is a class act and a real fighter ...... just gets on with the job at hand ie RACING ...... roll on Argentina , oh yeah , and MM93 .

Crazy joe seems to be maturing as a rider and using his head a little more. I think he is super talented and will do well on the duke,especially with Gigi handling them. He is improving steadily and gonna give dovi a hard time.

And when it gets a bit tasty that's when we will see if iannone has matured.

MM what can you say...Rossi sticking it to Jorge brilliant .

And smith hanging in there for most of the race,just wish he had beat lorenzo.

Never liked Jorge, but love his smooth style... and immense respect for even riding under the circumstances. I'd have been in bed! Getting fourth was an amazing result for a guy still busy getting over bronchitis.

What a ride from Rossi! To claw back more than 4s like that was simply amazing. In the visuals you could see the speed differential in the corners with Rossi being able to hold a much higher speed than Marquez.

Having said that I'm bitterly disappointed that Marc took himself out like that cos he really deserved the points.

Crutchlow's pass on the 2nd last corner was brilliant ans capitalised on the error by Iannone running wide.

If Marc had chosen the extra hard as he originally went with and not changed yo the hard rear on the grid it probably would have been an entirely different race

Goooooooo Vale!

What a ride from Rossi! To claw back more than 4s like that was simply amazing. In the visuals you could see the speed differential in the corners with Rossi being able to hold a much higher speed than Marquez.

Having said that I'm bitterly disappointed that Marc took himself out like that cos he really deserved the points.

Crutchlow's pass on the 2nd last corner was brilliant ans capitalised on the error by Iannone running wide.

If Marc had chosen the extra hard as he originally went with and not changed yo the hard rear on the grid it probably would have been an entirely different race

Goooooooo Vale!

I would hate to think it was a 'well if I'm not gonna win it neither are you' moment  :ph34r:

I would hate to think it was a 'well if I'm not gonna win it neither are you' moment  :ph34r:

LOOL. From Marques? No, I don't reckon he's that kinda guy. Rossi did look back to see if he was clear, and he was at that point. Just that at the flip-flop Marc had crept up on him again and was IMO too close. 

Redemption for his pass on Bautista in Rd 1, Maybe? :ninja: