MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell no.... not him of all people

Sorry to Dani go, he sure has had a long and illustrious career at Honda. It’s a shame he never managed to get the title in the premier class.... still a string of seconds and a few titles in the smaller classes are not to shabby.

And just like that Lorenzo is on a Honda...........

What a *** move by Honda. There will be conflict plus they have their hard hitter in Marquez, so where is the young talent?

Crutchlow is riding well  but how many more years does he have in him?

Meanwhile all the other brands have signed young Moto2 stars.........

Hope they are putting all their bets on Alex Marquez, he doesn't half of his brothers talents and takes years to adjust to a new class/bike!!!

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Wonder how Monster, JL99's personal sponsor, feel about him going to a Redbull "Team" 

Wonder how Monster, JL99's personal sponsor, feel about him going to a Redbull "Team" 

Is the Monster sponsorship his personal sponsorship or linked to Yamaha and Ducati now more recently?

Is the Monster sponsorship his personal sponsorship or linked to Yamaha and Ducati now more recently?

Personal sponsor. There were talks that they were going to go with Lorenzo to Suzuki since the Tech 3 team had to dump them going to KTM.

I seriously think that MarcVDS are going to fold, and that's why the Petronas/SIC Yamaha team is coming to life, it appears. Makes way more sense for Jorge to go there, than to go to Honda.

However, if Honda manages to pull this off, man they would have fooled everyone big time. Pull Jorge away from Ducati, keep him away from the Yamaha which he's so good on, and put him next to Marquez for a really strong team.

If he can actually ride the Honda, that is... His smooth style might negate the need for Honda to push the hell out of the front, but in the end, it's all speculation.

I stand under correction, but was thought it was a personal sponsor.  

Going to check photo's of Dovi....Dovi has Red Bull on his helmet. 

But it's official so I'm sure they have come to an agreement. 

Edited by Gnarly

Should JL gel with the Honda, they will be a force to reckon with, and maybe even a big thorn in MM's side, as he will not be the only superstar in the team. Will be interesting to see if MM can handle that kind of pressure.

All speculation of course, and only my opinion.

I know when Cam Petersen was trying to get a Moto3 ride, and also from chatting with Trevor Binder, there is a huge Spanish influence in MotoGP - DORNA is extremely biased towards the Spaniards.  You can only wonder what horsetrading went on behind the scenes to make sure Lorenzo was still racing next year.....

Should JL gel with the Honda, they will be a force to reckon with, and maybe even a big thorn in MM's side, as he will not be the only superstar in the team. Will be interesting to see if MM can handle that kind of pressure.

All speculation of course, and only my opinion.

They will probably need an extra garage just for the two egos.  And for all the new tanks and seats JL is going to need trying to get the Honda to work for him ;-)

I know when Cam Petersen was trying to get a Moto3 ride, and also from chatting with Trevor Binder, there is a huge Spanish influence in MotoGP - DORNA is extremely biased towards the Spaniards.  You can only wonder what horsetrading went on behind the scenes to make sure Lorenzo was still racing next year.....

Agreed but also the CEV just is so much ahead of other domestic series that the caliber of upcoming Spanish riders is phenomenal. second would be the Italians.