MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with the Tank story? 

Jorge has been asking for a new tank since the Thailand test in February, to help him support himself on the bike better, in order to reduce fatigue later in the race. Jorge got this updated tank design on Friday at Mugello, and went on to win the race in typical Jorge Lorenzo fashion. Coincidence?

Now I can't wait for 2019........Two very fast crybabies on the Honda's. We will need a poll to see how long before they throwing lipstick across the garage.

Two completely different riding styles. Who will Honda chassis and engine team get behind. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

i get why you call JL a cry baby, but Marc? that oke has balls the size of ... something that rerally really big. 

Jorge has been asking for a new tank since the Thailand test in February, to help him support himself on the bike better, in order to reduce fatigue later in the race. Jorge got this updated tank design on Friday at Mugello, and went on to win the race in typical Jorge Lorenzo fashion. Coincidence?

even a *broken clock is right twice a day...

Needs more than just one win to call it a cause of his sudden success. 

Edited by Cptmayhem

So the tank story, to elaborate, was designed so Jorge had to much weight on his arms as opposed to being able to "pinch"the tank between his knees. This fatigued his body and led to his falling back and not being able to hold the pace. I follow him on FB and I tell you what, he trains his ass off!!!!

I 100% believe this as when he picked the soft rear tyre I thought "here we go again, rolling block" but you cannot dispute his laptime consistency. It was his typical metronomic self.

Also in parc ferme you could see the massive difference in the seat/tank designs on Jorge's bike compared to Dovi.

Lets not forget Stoner complained about Ducati's resistance to changing design, and later Rossi lambasted them for the same thing.

# riders can't complain about the same thing and its a coincidence.

I honestly don't see why Lorenzo won't win a race or 4 more this year.

Now I can't wait for 2019........Two very fast crybabies on the Honda's. We will need a poll to see how long before they throwing lipstick across the garage.

Two completely different riding styles. Who will Honda chassis and engine team get behind. [emoji41]

With MM 5 or 6 years younger than JL, I think that answer is clear. Plus with this deal most likely being signed BEFORE Lorenzo's win (he said he was leaving before Sunday) I am pretty sure his contract says 2nd rider as he didn't have much to bargain with...........

post-35569-0-94508600-1528289250_thumb.jpg

Not the greatest pic unfortunately but you can see the differences between #99 and #04 bikes. Lorenzo's bike has a tank extension and also looks like his seat protrudes further forward. If you watch the parc ferme footage it is very evident.

I must also this because I do give Rossi some stick from time to time. His interaction with Lorenzo was really genuine and good to see. He was happy for his win, whereas Dovi's looked staged and disingenuous.

Marc is the best there is right now. I'm not denying that. He's next level unbelievable.

I call him a crybaby because at the moment he's getting away with murder on the track, hardly a sanction regardless of how he behaves. So he's all jolly!! Go back a few years, and look at how he behaves when things aren't going his way....

I've been a MM93 fan before, currently though, he's not winning my support.

i get why you call JL a cry baby, but Marc? that oke has balls the size of ... something that rerally really big.

I know Honda needs Spanish riders to keep the ailing Repsol sponsorship so Jorge makes sense in that regard.

Why do you call it an " ailing sponsorship " . Just asking,no ulterior motive.

So the tank story, to elaborate, was designed so Jorge had to much weight on his arms as opposed to being able to "pinch"the tank between his knees. This fatigued his body and led to his falling back and not being able to hold the pace. I follow him on FB and I tell you what, he trains his ass off!!!!

I 100% believe this as when he picked the soft rear tyre I thought "here we go again, rolling block" but you cannot dispute his laptime consistency. It was his typical metronomic self.

Also in parc ferme you could see the massive difference in the seat/tank designs on Jorge's bike compared to Dovi.

Lets not forget Stoner complained about Ducati's resistance to changing design, and later Rossi lambasted them for the same thing.

# riders can't complain about the same thing and its a coincidence.

I honestly don't see why Lorenzo won't win a race or 4 more this year.

While I think the tank could contribute to fatigue. It is harder to use it as an excuse for being slow in qualifying or the first 10 laps of a race.