MotoGP

SeaBee

Andrea Iannone to Aprilia. Joan Mir to Suzuki.

Johnny Rea to stay at KRT for two more years. We'll see if his teammate remains his teammate after punting him off track yesterday...

I believe Ianonne on the Aprilia will be good. The bike is really alomost there.

Mir on the Suzuki, I am not so sure. He is good but I think a bit over-rated too.

The JR resigning is disappointing. I reckon the MotoGP stories were all a ploy to up his salary.

I honestly hope Dani decides to go play a bit in the WSBK. I reckon he has the skill to take a title or 2 there. I don't think he should entertain a lesser ride in MotoGP. look at how guys lke Edwards were running mid-field, hurting themselves.

PS, missed race 2 yesterday but will watch it now......

Edit: Watched it now. Rea ran hot into the turn and Sykes was riding on the normal racing line, Rea then returned to the racing line.

Very similar to how Lorenzo hit Dani in Jerez actually............ Racing incident IMO.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Ianonne on the Aprilia will be good. The bike is really alomost there.

Mir on the Suzuki, I am not so sure. He is good but I think a bit over-rated too.

The JR resigning is disappointing. I reckon the MotoGP stories were all a ploy to up his salary.

I honestly hope Dani decides to go play a bit in the WSBK. I reckon he has the skill to take a title or 2 there. I don't think he should entertain a lesser ride in MotoGP. look at how guys lke Edwards were running mid-field, hurting themselves.

Edit: Watched it now. Rea ran hot into the turn and Sykes was riding on the normal racing line, Rea then returned to the racing line.

Very similar to how Lorenzo hit Dani in Jerez actually............ Racing incident IMO.

Dont you think his hobbit size will be an even bigger issue there?

I was thinking, and just think about it....... Moto2?

Not quite the same as the Jerez incident. Jerez occured on the apex of the corner, whereas this happened on the exit. Sykes gave JR no room on exit and chopped his nose off. Sure, JR did divebomb him and ran a bit wide, but heck you've got to give someone room on the outside when you undercut them again. However, still a racing incident.

However the fact that Sykes legged it on a scooter after coming to the pitbox might tickle some conspiracy theorists.

Wow, wouldn't that be something!! Can't think of anyone apart from Toni Elias who's made the downgrade?

Edited by bertusras

That is a demotion of note, reckon he would rather retire which is the rumour doing the rounds. His body has really taken some hammering over the years.

Not quite the same as the Jerez incident. Jerez occured on the apex of the corner, whereas this happened on the exit. Sykes gave JR no room on exit and chopped his nose off. Sure, JR did divebomb him and ran a bit wide, but heck you've got to give someone room on the outside when you undercut them again. However, still a racing incident.

However the fact that Sykes legged it on a scooter after coming to the pitbox might tickle some conspiracy theorists.

Wow, wouldn't that be something!! Can't think of anyone apart from Toni Elias who's made the downgrade?

I hear you but then again I see it as you pulled a dodgy move and couldn't make it stick so it isn't for Sykes to simply roll over and concede the position.

Yes there probably is more to it with I imagine a lot of politics in the team. Would imagine Sykes knew about Rea's resigning. I also don't think Syke's will stick around to play 2nd fiddle to JR, but then again it's a winning bike so who knows. He is always there or thereabouts in the championship running.

Super happy to see the Yammie's coming good though

I’m not a WhoreGay fan but......those lap times were like a metronome. When he’s on it, he’s sublime. Pity he threw his nappy at his boss in quali on Saturday, otherwise a perfect weekend.

Would love to see the Jorge haters faces when he wraps up the title with Ducati this year and then goes on to win a title on a Honda and become the ONLY rider to win titles on 3 manufacturers.

Odds are against him but just imagine..........

I think what makes JL's achievements most impressive is how everyone has said that to win on the Duke you HAVE TO grab it by the scruff of its neck and ride it like a bucking bronce, ala Stoner. Yet he is more like the horse wisperer, yes he gets it sideways a bit on the brakes, but otherwise its wheels in line and smooth as silk. Its impressive how he has adapted his style. Yes it took him the better part of 18months, but its still quite something. Domenicalli must be having kittens!!!!!

Interesting to hear JL downplay the achievements in the last 2 races though, saying its the best Ducati yet and even Rossi would've won on it.

Marquez maturing, looking at the title instead of a win it or bin it mentality. Good on him.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Could not watch the whole race, due to LOADSHEDDING!!!!  :cursing:  :thumbdown:

At that stage JL has cleared of the front, Dovi dumped his bike in the sandpit, and Rossi was loosing touch with the front.

Does not look like I missed out on any action...  :ph34r:

Could not watch the whole race, due to LOADSHEDDING!!!!  :cursing:  :thumbdown:

At that stage JL has cleared of the front, Dovi dumped his bike in the sandpit, and Rossi was loosing touch with the front.

Does not look like I missed out on any action...  :ph34r:

Rossi looked like closing in on MM but it was race management I think. His pace picked up and MM upped his to stay safe.

Good battle between Crashlow(he didn't crash though), Pedro, Petrucci, Iannone(who dropped like a stone).

It was a good race even if the front 3 weren't in the scrap we wanted.

Would love to see the Jorge haters faces when he wraps up the title with Ducati this year and then goes on to win a title on a Honda and become the ONLY rider to win titles on 3 manufacturers.

I think what makes JL's achievements most impressive is how everyone has said that to win on the Duke you HAVE TO grab it by the scruff of its neck and ride it like a bucking bronce, ala Stoner. Yet he is more like the horse wisperer, yes he gets it sideways a bit on the brakes, but otherwise its wheels in line and smooth as silk. Its impressive how he has adapted his style. Yes it took him the better part of 18months, but its still quite something. Domenicalli must be having kittens!!!!!

Interesting to hear JL downplay the achievements in the last 2 races though, saying its the best Ducati yet and even Rossi would've won on it.

Marquez maturing, looking at the title instead of a win it or bin it mentality. Good on him.

Jorge winning will just confirm that he is a good rider, but it won’t make him any less off a wet blanket. Kanye West selling the most records doesn’t make him likeable.

Don’t think it’s only Ducati that is nervous. He must be too. Not sure he is going to enjoy being back up to MM next year.

I think he jumped ship prematurely out of frustration.

Edited by Patchelicious

Could not watch the whole race, due to LOADSHEDDING!!!! :cursing: :thumbdown:

Does not look like I missed out on any action... :ph34r:

I also missed most of it, but because I dosed off.

Was a proper display of consistent fast riding by JL, but it’s not always the most spectator friendly way of winning. Suppose it’s SKY like.

m.

Interestingly out of all the Spanish riders he seemed the least popular amongst the fans at the circuit, saw very few 99 shirts, hats, flags etc... compared to # 46, 93, 26 or 25

Interestingly out of all the Spanish riders he seemed the least popular amongst the fans at the circuit, saw very few 99 shirts, hats, flags etc... compared to # 46, 93, 26 or 25

Like many have said, he doesn't have much of a personality.

His "better than thou"attitude at post race pressers drives home this unlikableness (is that even a word)

He briefly had a role as the villain in 2015 along with MM.

It is strange though. Too many Spanish and Italians in the championship I reckon.....

• 2 weeks later...

What a MotoGp race yesterday.  :clap:  :thumbup: . Guys swapping spots (and paint) in every corner, looked like a Moto3 race. 

MM93 just showed his class again, the title is his for the taking this year. 

VL46 was riding the wheels of that Yammie, but run out of luck, eventually.  But the pensioner showed the youngsters that he can still mix it up with them.