MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmm. Just looking at that pic has me wondering why Duc are the ONLY ONES putting some of their electronics (accelerometers and inclinometers, and such) in the tailpiece (as seen from lhs of bike, front wheel facing left) cos there's no ways that they would have shaped their tailpiece with a fin down one side and then a cutout for the zorst that means imbalanced airflow, if it didn't make a difference in the data.

Hmmmmmm. Just looking at that pic has me wondering why Duc are the ONLY ONES putting some of their electronics (accelerometers and inclinometers, and such) in the tailpiece (as seen from lhs of bike, front wheel facing left) cos there's no ways that they would have shaped their tailpiece with a fin down one side and then a cutout for the zorst that means imbalanced airflow, if it didn't make a difference in the data.

The old "whats in the salad box" debate. Remember Lorenzo getting absolutely smashed by Rossi and the tail took a beating but the bike was fine. I wonder if the electronics are in there??

They are addressing the tail though with their new aero packages:

https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/11/29/motogp/ducati-adds-wings-to-the-tail-of-the-gp19.html

I still think its a close call between the KTM and Honda for prettiest bike on the grid......

Luckily if that Petronas bike is going to be next to that hideous Ducati, nobody will even notice the green thing.

I am a long time Ducati fan but damn that is not pretty [emoji849]

No such thing as a bad looking Ducati (I used to own a Terblanche designed 999 which my partner called The Blob).

So as far as I'm concerned they're all beautiful. Like in modern junior schools: Everyone's a winner...

I must say, the aero fairings are something else. I'd like to see one de-logoed. Although I bet they look incredible in real life.

Pity none of the teams could be coaxed into testing at Kyalami.

Testing bikes at tracks that aren’t on the race calendar is like practicing sex with people other than your partner. You might improve your technique a bit, but you won’t be practicing the moves that they like.

Not only in the tail though. the top of the tank also looks like its hiding extra bits no? its usually just an indent?

post-90313-0-54128900-1549436516_thumb.jpg

No such thing as a bad looking Ducati (I used to own a Terblanche designed 999 which my partner called The Blob).

So as far as I'm concerned they're all beautiful. Like in modern junior schools: Everyone's a winner...

I must say, the aero fairings are something else. I'd like to see one de-logoed. Although I bet they look incredible in real life.

Dammit I wanted a 999 back in the day! 

Lets just agree to watch world SBK for the pretty ducs...

Testing bikes at tracks that aren’t on the race calendar is like practicing sex with people other than your partner. You might improve your technique a bit, but you won’t be practicing the moves that they like.

Comment of the year candidate right there!!!!

Not only in the tail though. the top of the tank also looks like its hiding extra bits no? its usually just an indent?

The tank hasn't housed fuel in any bike racing for some time now. It is under the seat to drop the CoG.

Its usually electronics or an air box.

Comment of the year candidate right there!!!!

The tank hasn't housed fuel in any bike racing for some time now. It is under the seat to drop the CoG.

Its usually electronics or an air box.

Quite right, sorry , I meant - 'tank'. Was a poor reference just for ease of description. 

Dammit I wanted a 999 back in the day! 

Lets just agree to watch world SBK for the pretty ducs...

The 999 combined with Neil Hodgson was gross.