MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Corrected that one for you... :whistling: Two laps does not constitute a race - just ask MM... you have to reach the checkered flag.  :ph34r: 

Had to laugh at the dig the commentators had at the British F1 fans!  :thumbup:

Correct! Yeah, heard that as well. And how true it is.

Marq will most probably win a few more races as long as Rossi is not in front of him towards the end of the race  !! It seems every time he tries to race Rossi he falls of his bike !

My money is still on JL for the championship.

Might be wrong but that's my opinion anyway.

That Silverstone track is shite for bikes. Even in the dry it's crap, all riders saying it was basically a MotoX track with all the bumps.

Watched the race last night - really good one.

I'm so pissed off at Miller though.  Taking a massive lunge like that was completely stupid, especially in those conditions!  I'm surprised that Cal didn't give him a PK right there, because that's the best that he's been doing in a while.  Could have really upset Lorenzo's day and the championship.  Which would have made me happy...

Do any of you guys watch the BT Sport feeds of the race and the pre race?  The interviews with Rossi and Lorenzo were really very good.

I was really bummed out by yesterday's race. It was shaping up to be a monumental battle between the young pretender and the old master. Marc was absolutely not pushing when he crashed, the back just went and it was game over, tough luck as he was still in the championship running, albeit just.

Now it's a straight out duel between Lorenzo and Rossi, and even though the momentum has swung back to Rossi, I think Lorenzo will come out top. The tracks coming up, we're in for a ding dong, previous results:

Misano - Rossi - Lorenzo - Lorenzo

Aragon - Lorenzo - Marquez - Pedrosa

Motegi - Lorenzo - Lorenzo - Pedrosa

Philip Island - Rossi - Lorenzo - Stoner

Sepang- Marquez - Pedrosa - Pedrosa

Valencia - Marquez - Lorenzo - Pedrosa

Misano is the real decider I think. Rossi has been doing a monumental amount of laps around that circuit on an R1M as of late, but Lorenzo is very strong there. That's going to be one hell of a battle, especially if one of the Hondas get involved. This is the one I can't call.

Aragon I'm willing to go with Marc for the win, Lorenzo beating out Rossi.

Motegi, Lorenzo beating the Hondas at home, again.

Philip Island, if it's dry Marquez, followed by Lorenzo, if the weather is iffy, Rossi.

Sepang, one of the Hondas to win, Lorenzo probably ahead of Rossi, I'm not sure.

Valencia, if the points are tight when we get to the final round I'm putting my money on Jorge. Rossi has so many bad memories of this circuit and has never gone well here.

This is one of the best seasons we've had in a very very long time.

*All the above goes to crap if the weather turns sour.

Lin Jarvis, Yamaha MD, had this to say:

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-riding-as-well-as-ever-says-jarvis/?v=2&s=1

In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, Jarvis also gave his take on which of two Yamaha riders would be favoured at each the remaining seven circuits on the calendar.

“Silverstone is Jorge’s track, but I think things are more equal at Misano,” said the Brit.

“Aragon and Motegi belong to Honda, but between Vale and Jorge maybe there’s a slight advantage to the latter.

“Phillip Island is Valentino territory, and Sepang is more favourable to Rossi, although Honda will be strong there too. As for Valencia, I don’t want to think about it if the title is decided there!”

• 2 weeks later...

So let's see how far I can put my foot up my own mouth

Misano - Marquez - Rossi - Lorenzo - Lorenzo

Aragon - Lorenzo - Marquez - Pedrosa

Motegi - Lorenzo - Lorenzo - Pedrosa

Philip Island - Rossi - Lorenzo - Stoner

Sepang- Marquez - Pedrosa - Pedrosa

Valencia - Marquez - Lorenzo - Pedrosa

Misano is the real decider I think. Rossi has been doing a monumental amount of laps around that circuit on an R1M as of late, but Lorenzo is very strong there. That's going to be one hell of a battle, especially if one of the Hondas get involved. This is the one I can't call.

(At least I was right about it being the decider :P Rossi however didn't capitalise fully, so Lorenzo will still smell blood. Excellent ride by Marc, but more-so Redding. Crashing and still finishing 3rd, get out!)

Aragon I'm willing to go with Marc for the win, Lorenzo beating out Rossi.

Motegi, Lorenzo beating the Hondas at home, again.

Philip Island, if it's dry Marquez, followed by Lorenzo, if the weather is iffy, Rossi.

Sepang, one of the Hondas to win, Lorenzo probably ahead of Rossi, I'm not sure.

Valencia, if the points are tight when we get to the final round I'm putting my money on Jorge. Rossi has so many bad memories of this circuit and has never gone well here.

This is one of the best seasons we've had in a very very long time.

*All the above goes to crap if the weather turns sour.

Edited by bertusras

Big tactical blunder by Rossi. He should have gone in at least two laps earlier. 

He could / should have won this one today.

Big tactical blunder by Rossi. He should have gone in at least two laps earlier. 

He could / should have won this one today.

I think he was more interested in the strategic race of beating lorenzo...by pushing him so hard on the wet tires forced lorenzo into a mistake when he was on slicks...

I disagree. He got lucky. 

the same way MM went over the handlebars at Silverstone, trying to keep up....the pressure forced the mistake...the best make their own luck.

NB.. I am not saying he should did not make a mistake by staying out so long..but his primary focus was Lorenzo not the race win ( although he would have wanted both, he would have settled for beating lorenzo)

Edited by KingTJ

He took a loss overall to make sure Lorenzo finished behind him.

He had to make sure that Lorenzo made the first move into the pits.

There is risk in changing bikes, he just wanted to make sure that he mitigated as much risk as possible.

He should have gone in as soon as he had those couple of seconds lead on JL and MM. He most probably would have been out on the track before them,  after changing bikes, and they would had to do the chasing.

I hear what you are saying, he is going for the Championship point for point, but I HATE SEEING MM FINISHING BEFORE THE YAMMY'S, for whatever reason. :ph34r:  :whistling:

He should have gone in as soon as he had those couple of seconds lead on JL and MM. He most probably would have been out on the track before them,  after changing bikes, and they would had to do the chasing.

I hear what you are saying, he is going for the Championship point for point, but I HATE SEEING MM FINISHING BEFORE THE YAMMY'S, for whatever reason. :ph34r:  :whistling:

JA he should have listened to his pit crew...they signaled him to come in 2 or 3 laps before he eventually came in

I know MM was lapping like 6 seconds faster while Rossi was still on wets, wonder what lap times Lorenzo was doing

Also think Rossi was bladdy lucky this time