MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back up on his feet, led FP2 till 5 ,ims to go where everyone dashed out on softs.

Still finished 6th, 1.5secs ahead of George........

I am glad he is ok.

I have a question though..... after crashing in your leathers, getting back to the pits, having a shower, getting changed into your casuals and sneakers you then get strapped to a emergency stretcher and taken to the hospital in the back of an ambulance. He even took his cap.

Why? Precaution? Public sympathy? Media?

Like I said, very relieved that he is ok. But this doesn't add up.

I am glad he is ok.

I have a question though..... after crashing in your leathers, getting back to the pits, having a shower, getting changed into your casuals and sneakers you then get strapped to a emergency stretcher and taken to the hospital in the back of an ambulance. He even took his cap.

With the info available does seem a little strange. My explanation will just be “FIM protocols”.

He probably was not cleared to ride by the track hospital. Perhaps needed a “fancy” scan to confirm all was ok. So a trip to the local hospital via the correct safety protocol was in order.

Some videos have surfaced now of the crash. It was a biggie!! I’m not surprised he’s eina. I’d be dead.

707b1a918258d124fc8ac2fd5e0eb2ab.jpg

Like him or not. He’s champ again. And did it like a true champ. Two crashes on the weekend, one pretty big and then went on to win the race. Noting that the next Honda I don’t think was even Top 10.

That’s 8 World Titles now. Well done Marc!!

I am glad he is ok.

He underwemt an MRI and was cleared of any fractures. I assume he had the luxury ot time. He left on a strether but that standard for any ambulance ride.

707b1a918258d124fc8ac2fd5e0eb2ab.jpg

Like him or not. He’s champ again. And did it like a true champ. Two crashes on the weekend, one pretty big and then went on to win the race. Noting that the next Honda I don’t think was even Top 10.

That’s 8 World Titles now. Well done Marc!!

Read the stat that he has won 17% of all GP races since 2002, remarkable considering he only joined in 2013.........

He underwemt an MRI and was cleared of any fractures. I assume he had the luxury ot time. He left on a strether but that standard for any ambulance ride.

Listening to Keith Huewen commentary yesterday. He said that apparently when Marquez hit the ground his body experienced 26G.  That's enough to warrant a checkup even if you feel fine. I know he does yoga, stretching and various strength exercises and I'm sure that all helps. He acknowledged that some time back

I am becomming a big fan of this kid. The talent is remarkable, as is his commitment and determination. That last gasp move yesterday to snatch it on the line was just awesome.

Love watching Binder too, backing that KTM like...........well, a KTM really, but perhaps a 690 on the gravel!

Seriously though that pool table thing...? leave that kind of stuff to Rossi who used to do it properly....

Yeah he and Wetblanket aren’t very good at that stuff.

It doesn’t work for everybody.

I am becomming a big fan of this kid. The talent is remarkable, as is his commitment and determination. That last gasp move yesterday to snatch it on the line was just awesome.

Love watching Binder too, backing that KTM like...........well, a KTM really, but perhaps a 690 on the gravel!

He is very similar to Marc actually, getting way more out of his machinery than should be possible.

With the KTM being so close to the Honda I think Brad stands a good chance of doing very well next year......

He is very similar to Marc actually, getting way more out of his machinery than should be possible.

With the KTM being so close to the Honda I think Brad stands a good chance of doing very well next year......

Is not a case of the bike being developed specifically and only for MM and therefore the other guys are struggling with it?

• 2 weeks later...

For sure, it’s going be really difficult at the beginning especially. However it’s going to be incredible lining up on the grid with Valentino Rossi and a lot of my heroes. It’s an incredible feeling and I can’t wait for it to all start," Binder said on the step up to MotoGP.

To honour Binder's achievement, Red Bull gave the South African rider his very own can, becoming the first sportsman to do so.

"It’s pretty crazy to have your face on a Red Bull can. I don’t think I’ll get used to it," he commented.

What a life this kid is living!