MotoGP

SeaBee

You win the championship on your bad days , not your good days .

This was Rossi's "Bad day".

First race off the podium in '15 .

MM crashed in Silverstone whilst trying to run Rossi's pace , and Lorenzo was trying to capitalize yesterday , but bailed ....

Rossi looking good for title number 10 .

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From his interview

The result is good for the championship. Yeah, I wanted to try to do a better race to arrive on the podium but I wasn’t able to. Unfortunately Jorge did a mistake and crashed and we increased the lead. This is what is important."

I think he was more interested in the strategic race of beating lorenzo...by pushing him so hard on the wet tires forced lorenzo into a mistake when he was on slicks...

agree 100%. Rossi was pushing lorenzo to make an error. He is a master tactician and would happily sacrifice a race win in order get Lorenzo to make a big error. I think he was pushing lorenzo on the bad tyres hoping he would come off. He was just lucky that lorenzo came off on the slicks.

Yip after Lorenzo bailed and MM took the front I switched over to the boxing highlights . Rossi made a mistake , hope he does not do it again . Championship is not in the bag !!

Hip hip for MM, showing some real strategy there with pitting just at the right time haha.

The Champ is in the bag for Yamaha (unfortunately for me as a long time HRC boytjie), but from those 2 I would like Rossi to take it.

Remind us, where is MM in the championship again? :whistling:

Far behind, but it grinds my tits to see him finish before Rossi (or even Jorge) :D

They must just shut him out completely....

Edited by Wannabe

Marques to date is the best rider MotoGP has ever seen .

As of round 4 this year (I could be wrong by 1 race ) he has the highest winning and podium ratio in ALL classes .

I am hoping Rossi can pull it off this year , but for sure the 2015 trophy is only on loan from MM for this year .

Looking forward to seeing HRC and MM dominate like the legendary Mick Doohan .

Marques to date is the best rider MotoGP has ever seen .

As of round 4 this year (I could be wrong by 1 race ) he has the highest winning and podium ratio in ALL classes .

I am hoping Rossi can pull it off this year , but for sure the 2015 trophy is only on loan from MM for this year .

Looking forward to seeing HRC and MM dominate like the legendary Mick Doohan .

Erm no not best... Fastest? maybe.

He has a long way to go before he considered the "best".

In order to finish first, one must first finish.

Erm no not best... Fastest? maybe.

He has a long way to go before he considered the "best".

In order to finish first, one must first finish.

There cannot be any rider who is ever the best, best at what, riding 2 strokes/4 strokes/with tc/without tc.

Best of a specific era maybe.

Marc riding a bike that is an animal that's not behaving, the Yamaha okes have a breeze riding that bike. I pity anyone who thinks Marc will not destroy everyone once that Honda is sorted, like last year.

There cannot be any rider who is ever the best, best at what, riding 2 strokes/4 strokes/with tc/without tc.

Marc riding a bike that is an animal that's not behaving, the Yamaha okes have a breeze riding that bike. I pity anyone who thinks Marc will not destroy everyone once that Honda is sorted, like last year.

I would like to have seen him compete against the likes of Randy Mamola, Freddy Spencer, King Kenny, et. al. He would be a back fielder all the way.

Those were the men with hair on their chests. I mean, they had to push start their bikes at the drop of the flag, there were no electronic aids that decided when and how much power must go the back wheel (the brain and rigth wrist did that) they did not change bikes when it started raining, etc.

These okes grabbed the bikes by the horns, and fought them all the way.

Biggest budget by miles, largest RnD team and he cant develop a bike.... shame.

If the Yamaha is so much better than the Honda, maybe he should switch.

Edited by Patchelicious

Racing and going as fast as you can is one thing. Being able to make your competitors rethink there strategy and push them beyond there limits is a completely different think.

Rossi had out thunk cry baby mm ( as if he could blame Rossi for not letting him duck underneath him at the last corner) what did he want the win on a plate with an open door at the last corner. This coming from possibly the most aggressive rider. I didn't mind mm up until that point.

As for jl he thought he had to push hard to get in front of Rossi when he came in,coz vale had a gap on him. Slicks weren't even scrubbed in properly .

Rossi may not always be the fastest nowadays but he certainly out thinks everyone else. Knows when to settle and when to push and always seems to take the most out of the race as possible.

Edited by Pikey

Biggest budget by miles, largest RnD team and he cant develop a bike.... shame

Made a wrong decision this year in the direction of the bike, but he'll be back to winning champs, I for one would not bet against him.

But yes, like any other Motogp forum, this one goes down the same route, "my rider vs your rider", not about the sport.

Edited by Kraggie