MotoGP

SeaBee

People have to moan about something I suppose..........

It’s not a moan, it really is not. It makes no difference and I am glad that there will be some racing. It’s simply a observation.

It’s also not surprising that the Honda boys are very ok with this. All sports fans would be happy with only “home games”.

Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, Dorna might manage MotoGP (and WSBK just FYI, not the Italians like you've stated), but they are owned by Bridgepoint Capital, which is headquartered in the UK.

So maybe write to them and find out why there is no race at Silverstone?

Plus, they are still figuring out logistics of hosting races at COTA, Termas, Chang and Sepang.

FkOc7Q2.jpg

Maybe you should be thankful that we're actually going to get some racing this year, even though there is repetition at some tracks. Maybe the Spanish government are so inclined to assist financially as they were likely going to lose some races next year (i.e. Catalunya which is only hosting one event). Maybe many of the teams are based in Spain and it makes the logistics a lot easier.

But wait!

P5PCMr7.jpg

The AMA supercross has been amazing with them racing in one stadium. Yes it's not as good as multiple stadiums but it's way better than watching Max Verstappen playing a gameboy in his lounge. I'm fine with them finishing the series in Spain. 

BTW. Dorna also own WSBK nowadays.

The TT was supposed to happen last week. There's a great series on youtube at the moment called TT Lock in. Good insights from the stars and very well cobbled together old footage and doccies. I love the TT.

My 3 favorite race bikes of all time are the SP1 that Joey rode in 2000, John's HM Plant Fireblade and John's TT Legends blade. I'm not a Honda fanboy at all. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

The reaction is surprising.

While i am glad that there will be racing some seem to have missed that and i look forward to a good season. 

My point around 7 races in Spain is just that. It is lopsided and considering these races will be run without fans appears to be a political ploy. Denying that DORNA have very close links to Spain is puerile as it has been shown in the past to favour Spain. I am sure there could have been more planned in Italy and France , even Holland etc. Considering the expense to get to the americas maybe another race there. Consider the money brought in by Repsol and Movistar to understand the finances in Motogp. 

This is not a whinge nor moan, its an observation as patch pointed out. Its the elephant in the room. And its shared relatively widely too. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

The AMA supercross has been amazing with them racing in one stadium. Yes it's not as good as multiple stadiums but it's way better than watching Max Verstappen playing a gameboy in his lounge. I'm fine with them finishing the series in Spain. 

BTW. Dorna also own WSBK nowadays.

The TT was supposed to happen last week. There's a great series on youtube at the moment called TT Lock in. Good insights from the stars and very well cobbled together old footage and doccies. I love the TT.

My 3 favorite race bikes of all time are the SP1 that Joey rode in 2000, John's HM Plant Fireblade and John's TT Legends blade. I'm not a Honda fanboy at all. 

When I say the Italians owed WSBK, I was speaking in the way that I meant about the Spanish "own" MotoGP, the Dorna thing just makes it even more evident.

For many years Ducati and David had massive influence on the rules and on goings.

Ferrari had/has the same in F1

The Spanish have that in MotoGP

Its not some big deal, but it is the reality.

Edited by Patchelicious

Its not some big deal, but it is the reality.

For sure.

It would be obtuse to think that WSBK isn't built around Ducati. F1 is built around Ferrari and Moto GP built around Repsol Honda.

God I love bike racing.

Here's a question for the fans. What is for you the best all time performance in any bike sport? Bayliss vs Edwards at Imola? Rossi vs Stoner at Laguna?

For me there's only one. James Stewart Toronto 2014. On that night JS made the very best supercross racers on the planet look so incredibly ordinary.

I dont watch supercross so have no knowledge of the sport. Should look for it. 

i liked the rainey shwantz races in the early 90's...damn they are etched into my memory. 

then that race when Elias beat Rossi and Rossi ultimately lost the championchip by those 0.0000000067 seconds or whatever it was. In fairness Rossi should have sealed it but binned it in the last race anyway.

I guess no one can begrudge 69 his championship. That look of anguish when dani took him out in second last race will last with me forever. I go look on youtube and post it here if i can find it. 

For sure.

It would be obtuse to think that WSBK isn't built around Ducati. F1 is built around Ferrari and Moto GP built around Repsol Honda.

God I love bike racing.

Here's a question for the fans. What is for you the best all time performance in any bike sport? Bayliss vs Edwards at Imola? Rossi vs Stoner at Laguna?

For me there's only one. James Stewart Toronto 2014. On that night JS made the very best supercross racers on the planet look so incredibly ordinary.

One that always sticks in my memory was Haga vs Bayliss in Germany.

Haga vs Foggy Kyalami?

One that always sticks in my memory was Haga vs Bayliss in Germany.

Haga vs Foggy Kyalami?

Chili vs Foggy at Assen

The scene I can remember was Haga and Bayliss (Im sure it was Bayliss) was when they passed a back marker, at the same time. One on the inside and another on the outside.

There was another, think it was Monza, where it looked like Bayliss simply forgot to brake, and passed 4 people into the chicane.

I suppose if Marc wins the title it will be because of the Spanish connection, home races, etc. All shouting about how unfair the world is.

I see this as VR's best chance at his 10th title, does that mean the 10th would mean any less than the rest????

Interesting times

I suppose if Marc wins the title it will be because of the Spanish connection, home races, etc. All shouting about how unfair the world is.

I see this as VR's best chance at his 10th title, does that mean the 10th would mean any less than the rest????

Interesting times

No, MM would win regardless at the moment, as he is best rider out there, by some margin.

This has nothing to do with Rossi. MM is a better rider than Rossi now. 

This was just a flimsy attempt to prescribe what is an observation about Spanish influence on MotoGP to that of whinging Rossi fans. Its not.

Its about Spain and MotoGP, not Rossi vs MM.

Like what has been said, a few times, its not a moan, its an observation. You don't need to agree, but please do not insult us by saying its one driven by Yellow Smoke. 

Interesting times

cant deny the spanish influence in Motogp. ever since DORNAs involvement. 

93 will be a worthy champion whether he wins this year or not. 

but Rossi would be way worthier .....shots fired