MotoGP

SeaBee

It’s a really pity, I liked the looks

I remember discussions with Russel and Greg and it was “they will never get that fat thing around Kyalami in under 2mins”

But for the life of me, I cannot recall who rode it in WSBK?

I think it was Anthony Gobert?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Suzuki ever ride the TL at WSBK level?  I though it was only ever Bimota.  I know the GSX did well at WSBK - I wonder how Corona sponsorship would go down now  :D  :D  :D

Did Suzuki ever ride the TL at WSBK level?  I though it was only ever Bimota.  I know the GSX did well at WSBK - I wonder how Corona sponsorship would go down now  :D  :D  :D

I don't think it ever raced at WSBK. IIRC correctly the Alstare rider at the time, Frankie Chili described the bike as disgusting.

I don't think it ever raced at WSBK. IIRC correctly the Alstare rider at the time, Frankie Chili described the bike as disgusting.

I can see Frankie Chili saying exactly that.

I remember when Ducati changed from the 996 to the 999 - All the Factory guys had to ride the 999 and he gave Ducati the middle finger and installed his 999 Engine into the old 996 Frame and raced it.  I think he also referred to the 999 as "sheet". He also insisted on running a single silencer - all the factory bikes had a dummy silencer to make it look like they had two.  He just tossed the dummy silencer off and upset the factory even more.  Loved the guy!

i recall it won a race. 

Edit: Bimota with TL motor that is. Was a dog otherwise and Gobert made a shrewd decision to win that race.

Edited by IceCreamMan

I remember when Ducati changed from the 996 to the 999 - All the Factory guys had to ride the 999 and he gave Ducati the middle finger and installed his 999 Engine into the old 996 Frame and raced it.  I think he also referred to the 999 as "sheet". He also insisted on running a single silencer - all the factory bikes had a dummy silencer to make it look like they had two.  He just tossed the dummy silencer off and upset the factory even more.  Loved the guy!

And yet the 999 is the most winning Ducati in WSBK, to date. That is what I read somewhere, sometime.....

Most think it is ugly, I still believe it is the prettiest Ducati EVER!!!

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

The 998.5 is what he called it

He won on it at a rapidly drying Misano when it went in the other direction and it had that foreeeever opening left hander. Now it's a shitbox of a corner which is ever tightening. Horrible.

Anyways he took a gamble and ran slicks instead of intermediates and as the track started to dry out just rode past everyone including Laconi who was Ducati's guy for the championship. 

I still believe it is the prettiest Ducati EVER!!!

Designed by Pierre Tereblanche. (spelling) A South African. He also designed the Cagiva Mito which looks like a mini 916

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Designed by Pierre Tereblanche. (spelling) A South African. He also designed the Cagiva Mito which looks like a mini 916

7 speed box. Looking for one. Like hens teeth at reasonable pricing levels.

Edited by IceCreamMan

He is a genius yes, also designed the new Paul Smart and MH900 if I remember correctly.

7 speed box. Looking for one. Like hens teeth at reasonable pricing levels.

Jip, and the other problem you have is there are kits for fitting a 350LC/YPVS motor into those Mito's so you find people buying up the blown ones and building hybrids instead of fixing them. They will appreciate in price though, probably, but don't take my word for it.