MotoGP

SeaBee

For whatever reasons ( COVID, Markie Marks crash etc) this was one of the most exciting seasons we have had for a while. i really enjoyed it. Loved having BB there to support. Being a Rossi supporter would have sucked this year, but I also became a Franky supporter...

Ya I've also really enjoyed this year. Absolutely no facts to back it up, but it felt to me like there were more battles and overtakes during races this year.

Wasn't a Franky fan before but his last couple interviews have definitely made me a fan now. Comes across very well in post race interviews

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt pretty uneasy watching the big bikes around that circuit

I loved it, and from the riders feedback they loved it as well. It just seemed like everything was happening 10% faster than it normally would.

It was such a good day's racing all-round. It's the first time since Jerez (probably) where I've watched all three races, and boy did it deliver. Moto2 and Moto3 were so nerve wracking, and ended up being very close for both eventual (and deserving) title winners. MotoGP was different, the way Olivera cleared off at the front was insane, and Franky doing a Lorenzo the past two races is very encouraging, unless he gets the 2020 bike next year...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So i hear Rossi getting a full works bike and morbidelli getting an A spec bike. 

Seems a tad unfair but what rossi wants, rossi gets i spose. 

Won't that put him at an disadvantage, seeing that the satellite bikes performed better than the factory bikes last season?  :ph34r:

So i hear Rossi getting a full works bike and morbidelli getting an A spec bike. 

Sum say it is sum say its not cos goat, both have a point, spose time will tell.

Sum say it is sum say its not cos goat, both have a point, spose time will tell.

Your urine extraction game is good sir, one can but only doff one's cap.

9 titles for Rossi and one for Franco. Sounds about right to me.

9 titles for Rossi and one for Franco. Sounds about right to me.

Agree but where will the titles come from in the future?

Surely you equip the strongest chance with the "best" equipment. In this case they may just be doing that anyways.......

See Darryn Binder is already beating his teammate in testing, first time out.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Agree but where will the titles come from in the future?

Surely you equip the strongest chance with the "best" equipment. In this case they may just be doing that anyways.......

Yes.

Except.

It's Valentino Rossi.

Kelly Slater

Tiger Woods

Richie McCaw

Lance (Cough)

Michael Schumacher

Valentino Rossi

IMO he'll be the slowest guy on the Yam this year. But.... It's Valentino Rossi. A podium for Rossi will sell more R1's than a win for Franco.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Yes.

Except.

It's Valentino Rossi.

Kelly Slater

Tiger Woods

Richie McCaw

Lance (Cough)

Michael Schumacher

Valentino Rossi

IMO he'll be the slowest guy on the Yam this year. But.... It's Valentino Rossi. A podium for Rossi will sell more R1's than a win for Franco.

Rossi's bankability in motogp should never be underestimated. Whenever i go to motogp its a sea of yellow 46 caps and flags and shirts with a few dots of colour elsewhere. That said i have not been to spanish events. 

Would not surprise me if Dorna were involved in the discussion between yamaha and rossi to keep rossi in motogp for as long as possible. The man draws crowds and tv viewers. 

Whenever i go to motogp 

I hate you!

I've been trying to time a trip to the UK with the TT forever. I went to WSBK at Kyalami in 2002. Death bed memories. To be fair that was probably the zenith of WSBK. Looking at the results sheet on Wiki doesn't really do that year any justice.

Edwards

Bayliss

Haga

Corser

Xaus

Bostrom

Tose

Hodgson

Chili

Assen

Imola

Brands

Kyalami

Sugo

Monza

Laguna

WSBK didn't have the pedigree of GP but IMO they got the show right.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I hate you!

I've been trying to time a trip to the UK with the TT forever. I went to WSBK at Kyalami in 2002. Death bed memories. To be fair that was probably the zenith of WSBK. Looking at the results sheet on Wiki doesn't really do that year any justice.

Edwards

Bayliss

Haga

Corser

Xaus

Bostrom

Tose

Hodgson

Chili

Assen

Imola

Brands

Kyalami

Sugo

Monza

Laguna

WSBK didn't have the pedigree of GP but IMO they got the show right.

At one stage WSBK was the event to watch, 5,6,7 abreast into a corner and it was a joy to watch. But then it dimmed a bit and motogp now the better spectacle. Used to go to kyalami for WSB and Welkom for motogp whenever there were races. It was good times. 

I go silverstone every year, the one year i could not go it was rained out so no loss there. Had tix for last year but thats been carried forward to this year due to covid. In the cycling club i belong to is a lady who is a marshal so i get tix to all the BSB events too. I try go to the ones that are not too far away. BSB events are hectic...reminds me of the glory years of ZA superbikes with 400 on the grid kind of thing. At one point i was working for the organisation that ensured F1 and Motogp are broadcast across the globe. Also had close links to mercedes out in biggin hill. So i was fortunate to attend some motogp events on the continent too. 

As to the TT, i have never been. Bought ferry tickets and lined up accommodation for 2020, that was a wash. We carried all bookings over to 2021 and that is now a wash so 2022 we on the island in the sun drinking beer and talking to a million other race fans in the glorious sun. 

At one stage WSBK was the event to watch, 5,6,7 abreast into a corner and it was a joy to watch. 

Agreed. Just after Foggy retired.

Mad tracks with huge speed or massive elevation changes. Big ol booming V twins. Leigh Diffey screaming his commentary on tele. Ballsy riders who didn't fit into the gp cutout.

Oh and the ridiculously fast Japanese riders embarrassing the regulars at Sugo

At the time Bostrom was my guy. Rock n Roll look, Lambchops with a ciggie branded bike.

But in 2002 I became an Edwards guy. I just wish he could have taken that 1 win in Moto GP at Assen where he and NH were battling.

*Edit. Leigh Diffey has resurfaced calling Supercross.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

And you needed to have Keith Heuwen and Julian Ryder commentating too.  That was the best era!

They still do on BT sports. But I haven't heard them together.

Also think that one of them has retired now.