MotoGP

SeaBee

I've not seen anything recent about this, so I'd be keen to have your source. The feedback in my opinion was that it will get banned, because if everyone has it, there's no real advantage to have it. But I can't see them banning it this season unless there's a real safety reason to it. 

I heard it on the latest The Race podcast episode, basically they do not want to take away Ducati's innovation but it has been deemed dangerous. Imagine MIgual or Jorge's start but behind a rider like Rins who's device did not work or was activated. Now imagine them not being able to miss Rins, big accident.

So they are waiting for Suzuki to get their rear device sorted and seems it will then be banned. Its trying to be fair towards Ducati and not stifle innovative thinking. I reckon they will ban ground effect too at some stage, but that is a different discussion.

I've also not yet done my reading on this, but I'm not sure how Aprilia will manage this, unless they dump Savadori, or have perpetual wild-cards (but isn't there a limit to it?)

I believe it would be a straight swop with Savadori to go back to being the test rider. That being said, a rider who is 36-46secs off the lead in a race, is too slow to test IMO.  Look at Bradl as an example, he is right up there, that's why Crutchlow will be such a good test rider too. When he stays on the bike, he is pretty quick too.

Responded above in bold.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour mill going into overdrive regarding 04.

Let’s hope so.

Jip, big hype. But apparently 2secs off of Bradl at the same track at the same time. Early days.

What is driving the rumours is Aprilia petitioning IRTA for an emergency change of rider, for the rest of the season. Savadori alledgedly injured. Think Dovi threw him with a window..........

Jip, big hype. But apparently 2secs off of Bradl at the same track at the same time. Early days.

What is driving the rumours is Aprilia petitioning IRTA for an emergency change of rider, for the rest of the season. Savadori alledgedly injured. Think Dovi threw him with a window..........

Would be great to see him and on the aprillia to see exactly what it is capable of. It’s been running well I thought. ( edit in races..it’s been quite competitive and close time wise to the winner) Edited by IceCreamMan

I suspect Savadori injured his shoulder carrying the large bag of money given to him by a bank in Noale....

Would be great to see him and on the aprillia to see exactly what it is capable of. It’s been running well I thought. ( edit in races..it’s been quite competitive and close time wise to the winner)

Aleix always goes well at Qatar, lets see the next 2 or 3 rounds. I suspect they will have improved since last year, but not as much as the first 2 races seem to imply.

If only BB could qualify ????

Grief he leaves himself so much work to do.

Got to try stick with this front group bro.

Just said the same thing to my wife. With BB on the first two rows these guys are gonna ***. If he had 2 more laps he would have caught Morbideli