MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a race by Fabulous Fabio. Vinales also surprised me to be there and thereabouts. Seems like Yamaha got their handling problems sorted, for now.

Can't wait for us to get to the more technical tracks where the Ducati's speed will not frustrate everybody down the main straits.

But yes, three stunners of a race.

2/3 so far! 

Was a great weekends racing. The Suzuki's could have won if they didn't get involved in all the argy bargy stuff.

You see pics of Rins's leathers after the race, lots of rubber.

I suppose the other question is your thoughts on the Mir/Miller incident??

Was a great weekends racing. The Suzuki's could have won if they didn't get involved in all the argy bargy stuff.

You see pics of Rins's leathers after the race, lots of rubber.

I suppose the other question is your thoughts on the Mir/Miller incident??

Mega dangerous. He obviously meant to have a word but I'm not sure he meant for the bump to be so large. 

More to the point, and no I didn't watch the full GP, what ever happened to Mir's tyres/bike/head was even worse. The dude seemed to be flailing all over the place. That seemed almost worse than Miller reacting to said bad riding.

Mega dangerous. He obviously meant to have a word but I'm not sure he meant for the bump to be so large. 

More to the point, and no I didn't watch the full GP, what ever happened to Mir's tyres/bike/head was even worse. The dude seemed to be flailing all over the place. That seemed almost worse than Miller reacting to said bad riding.

Tyres again hey, he pushed too hard in the beginning I think. To stick in the front group. The pace was quicker than last weeks race.

The bump was 100% intentional, Jack squeezed Mir off the track. There is a pic of Jack leaning into Mir while Mir is on the line. I cannot believe that didn't get a penalty. Rubbings racing, but not when it involves deliberately forcing a competitor off the track.

Big up to Brad, 8th is basically a win on that KTM with these tyres at this track!!!!!

post-35569-0-62781600-1617693416_thumb.jpgpost-35569-0-01407500-1617693425_thumb.jpgpost-35569-0-14213600-1617693431_thumb.jpgpost-35569-0-68012600-1617693436_thumb.jpgpost-35569-0-69126700-1617693441_thumb.jpgpost-35569-0-17856700-1617693451_thumb.jpg

So these are pretty damning IMO.
Watch jacks eyes, he looks over to see where Mir is, who happens to also run wide. Jack then deviates from his ideal line to intentionally run Mir off the track. Mir is simply trying to stay on the track. In the race they even showed Jack gesturing to Mir to stay out of his way. Insane!!
All of this is down to the hype around Jack and his factory ride. This all started from the earlier contact between them which happens pretty much every single race. Its what happened between Brad and Vale last week, and will happen the next race again......

Before the season even started I mentioned to my mates and family that the Ducati factory team deserve better riders than those and I stand by that

Ducati have never managed their riders well.

Their best bike/rider combination is at Pramac, their "test" team. Watch them bugger that up too.......

It's what they deserve for they way they have treated their riders in the past.

I wish there were more angles for this incident, because from the up front, it does really appear that Miller went out of his way to force Mir out of the track. If there was an overhead shot it would make it a lot clearer to see if Miller genuinely deviated from his line to go and chase Mir who legitimately ran wide out of the final corner.

If Mir had gone off circuit onto the astroturf I would guess a sanction would have been on the cards for Miller, but because there was no real incident I guess race direction didn't bother taking it further.

Mir's pass on Miller was hard, but not irresponsible, and definitely didn't warrant the retaliation that Miller effected.

Here's Mat Oxley's view:

Warning; cycling related. Aleix Espargaro could be offered a spot on the Euskaltel-Euskadi squad as well doing MotoGP.  Is Dovi coming to Aprilia and will he adapt to the AE bike?

Wow that's some insider knowledge, I had to dig properly to find some more info on this.

During the broadcast of one of the stages of the recent Volta a Catalunya, Alberto Contador commented that Aleix Espargaró, current Moto GP rider, would have an offer to become a professional cyclist next season. What seemed like an innocent comment is bringing a whole river of rumours and comments in which some are already placing him in a top level cycling team.

Sounds like it's only for next season. There's no way Aprilia would let him do both at the same time.

Wow that's some insider knowledge, I had to dig properly to find some more info on this.

Sounds like it's only for next season. There's no way Aprilia would let him do both at the same time.

Jip, Dovi has a test on the 12th April (same day Marc gets a dr checkup), rumour is he will be racing by June if the test goes well.

In other news, an imminent ban on the holeshot device/launch control is coming fast. I am 100% for it, very dangerous situations are being created through their inconsistent execution/use.......

In other news, an imminent ban on the holeshot device/launch control is coming fast. I am 100% for it, very dangerous situations are being created through their inconsistent execution/use.......

I've not seen anything recent about this, so I'd be keen to have your source. The feedback in my opinion was that it will get banned, because if everyone has it, there's no real advantage to have it. But I can't see them banning it this season unless there's a real safety reason to it. 

Edit: 

Jip, Dovi has a test on the 12th April (same day Marc gets a dr checkup), rumour is he will be racing by June if the test goes well.

I've also not yet done my reading on this, but I'm not sure how Aprilia will manage this, unless they dump Savadori, or have perpetual wild-cards (but isn't there a limit to it?)

Edited by bertusras