MotoGP

SeaBee

33 minutes ago, l4y3rcake said:

I see. Didn't know Franco would be out for that long. Just read the injury report now.

Big ACL reconstruction, and seems they are erring on a longer time off so he is fit for next year rather. This year has been dismal.

Interesting, also heard yesterday on a podcast that the VR46 team were very close to signing for Suzuki's. Then Brivio left and the whole thing fell flat, seem they wanted the Suzuki's aver any other bikes too.
Interested to hear what is the next episode in the Rossi racing/Saudi blood money debacle. Should have more news this weekend.....

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Big ACL reconstruction, and seems they are erring on a longer time off so he is fit for next year rather. This year has been dismal.

Interesting, also heard yesterday on a podcast that the VR46 team were very close to signing for Suzuki's. Then Brivio left and the whole thing fell flat, seem they wanted the Suzuki's aver any other bikes too.
Interested to hear what is the next episode in the Rossi racing/Saudi blood money debacle. Should have more news this weekend.....

Just saw that VR46 is scheduled for a special press release directly after the usual pre-race press conference. I wonder if he will be chatting about his future?

3 hours ago, l4y3rcake said:

Just saw that VR46 is scheduled for a special press release directly after the usual pre-race press conference. I wonder if he will be chatting about his future?

Saw that too yes, his is at 16h15 and Petronas have also scheduled one at 16h00.
Should be interesting, I expect Petronas to announce him leaving, that's pretty obvious, performance clauses, etc. But then will he continue to ride, almost said race there......

Where are all the fanboys? Or is the deifying on various social media platforms enough.

I'm just glad I got to see him ride at the top of his game. (Brno and Phillip Island). One footed stand up wheelies going up the hill at Brno was quite a sight.

Looking forward to the weekend, BT Sport will have endless clips and VT covering the great man. <there may be a touch of sarcasm in that sentence>

I like him 'cos he's a fan of my absolute hero Barry Sheene. And he once dressed as a chicken.

Rossi has fundamentally changed the sport, his ability to market and brand himself is unsurpassed. Sheene started this but Rossi took it to many levels higher. No one can resist his impish celebrations and his sheer joy at winning or just racing.  

He will certianly be missed but will be in the paddock i suspect, and next year fans will still cover stands with yellow shirts and caps. and the year after that. 

I will certainly miss the king and motogp will lose a little sheen with his retirement. Remember the good battles ....emperor, giverupnau, stoner, 69 etc etc ... he owned them all. 

1 hour ago, l4y3rcake said:

So Dani gets the fastest time from the KTM stable in FP1.

He just rode the groove he has etched into that track over the last 2 years I imagine.
The guys are rusty, give them time. Only FP1....

15 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

He just rode the groove he has etched into that track over the last 2 years I imagine.
The guys are rusty, give them time. Only FP1....

Didn't have comic sans. I know Miguel will probably be up there and I rate BB will have a second row start for the next 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

Great race, great last lap from 33…

dani rider of the day I reckon..deserves a full time ride

I agree, he was so good. But I think the 2 Moto2 boys are gonna shake **** up in their rookie seasons.

20 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Yeah its a disaster, both accusing each other of sabotage basically!!

And the fact that he doesn't have a 2022 ride yet just makes it absurd.