MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Gnarly said:

Dazza straight from Moto3 into MotoGP... ????

Rumoured. But Petronas are pulling their sponsorship, and the team will only have B-Spec bikes next year (i.e. this year's bike). Not a bad bike to start on though...

S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G race!!! One of the most exciting and action-filled MotoGP races imo. And at my fave track.

“I’VE NEVER SEEN A RACE LIKE THIS IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!” says the Sky guy. Brilliant Bradical Binder!

Edited by justinafrika

A little bit of rain has never worried us South Africans.

Those were the most nails biting 4 laps of MotoGP history for me. When VR46 was 3rd I was shouting to stop the race there and then.

BB33 was sublime. 

With like 7 laps to go I was convinced MM was just playing with the Ducati and would just sail passed on the last lap.

On 8/13/2021 at 10:58 AM, l4y3rcake said:

And the fact that he doesn't have a 2022 ride yet just makes it absurd.

He had behavioral issues before in Moto 3. He's an incredibly talented rider but I think this latest drama has effectively ended his career. I'd be surprised if anyone signs him for next year.

It's hard enough for a team to develop the bikes and find the millions to run a team. Then to have your rider who you pay some of those millions behave in such an unprofessional manner is pretty poor. Most of the Moto GP and WSBK paddock would give anything to ride a works Yamaha.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Amazing race yesterday.  One more lap and the podium would have been very different - got to roll the dice and play the hand.  Split-second decision to stay out and he takes it - amazing bike handling skills!  Fortune favours the brave!

2 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Worst kept secret ever!!!!

What news ever came out about the Saudi sponsorship for VR46? Thought there would have been more news about it this weekend?

Apparently Rossi "doesn't know anything" about the deal, the media needs to speak to "his people" managing the commercial stuff.

17 hours ago, bertusras said:

Apparently Rossi "doesn't know anything" about the deal, the media needs to speak to "his people" managing the commercial stuff.

That was such a cop-out when he made those comments.
Last week I heard that it may be on again but wait for announcements. In the meantime I see whn they release rider line up's for 2022 the VR46 is completely blank. That tells me the whole team is in doubt. I think Dorna would be more inclined to save/fiund the SRT team than a team for Ducati bikes #5 and 6. Nothing to do with VR himself but you need the satellite Yamaha's.

Speaking of which, I see Darryn is testing either a WSBK spec R1 or a M1. Details seem sketchy. Really hope R1. I think pushing him through to GP out of need is not going to end well.
Gerloff to SRT and Darryn to replace him in WSBK, IMO, is a good plan......

Yeah I'm not sure what's going on with the teams at the moment. Instagram post on MotoGP's page last night is clear as mud. Morbidelli is shown as SRT (I thought his Factory deal was done?) and it does show Aramco VR|46, but with no riders.

RE: Darryn, I've read it's a WSBK Spec R1. Not sure what the point is if the rumour mill has him going to MotoGP, but you may be on to something. Toprak in the MotoGP paddock this weekend also raised a couple of eyebrows...

45 minutes ago, bertusras said:

Yeah I'm not sure what's going on with the teams at the moment. Instagram post on MotoGP's page last night is clear as mud. Morbidelli is shown as SRT (I thought his Factory deal was done?) and it does show Aramco VR|46, but with no riders.

RE: Darryn, I've read it's a WSBK Spec R1. Not sure what the point is if the rumour mill has him going to MotoGP, but you may be on to something. Toprak in the MotoGP paddock this weekend also raised a couple of eyebrows...

My hunch is that they want Gerloff in MotoGP, they need an American. Remember Gerloff is signed directly to Yamaha with a clause to go to GP's if a ride is offered. It's like musical chairs......
Remember that with Brad doing well they do not need another South African in GP's. So why not move Darryn to WSBK. Sucks because I think Matthew Scholtz deserves the ride more. So Gerloff to the factory team and keep Morbidelli in SRT but on a factory bike. Remember Morbs has always been signed to SRT, not Yamaha so his deal has been confirmed to be a Yamaha factory bike NOT in the actual factory team. They would have shown him as being moved in the Dorna inforgrams thingie then.
The last piece to the puzzle is unfortunately getting a Brit up into the GP class, that's either Dixon or Lowes to the 2nd SRT seat. (Who else, Criminal Redding, Davies, or a BSB rider perhaps, wouldn't mind seeing Bradley Rat tbh) 

If Dorna is floating SRT for 2022, which looks to be the case, they will have an influence on who goes where and they NEED a Brit in the GP class, not another Saffa.
Sorry to say but holding onto Rossi, in a development team, has done more damage than anyone cares to admit.
It is a fascinating silly season, big loser is Morbs if he doesn't at least end up on a factory backed bike........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)