MotoGP

SeaBee

And the REAL GOAT ... Mike the bike Hailwood ...

Won 14 TT's, 2 podiums in F1, 3rd in Le Mans, won Grand Prix titles in 250cc, 350cc and 500cc.

Go on youtube and go listen to those RC Hondas (RC166 for example) sound ... pure music to my ears. 6 cylinders on a 250

Edited by Kraggie

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So a serious question, with VR getting on in years (for a motorcycle racer)do you think he will retire outright or will he migrate to WSBK and have a go at the title there?

The new R1 looks like it could be competitive from the get go so would make sense to move over for the 2017 season as his current contract ends next year?

So a serious question, with VR getting on in years (for a motorcycle racer)do you think he will retire outright or will he migrate to WSBK and have a go at the title there?

The new R1 looks like it could be competitive from the get go so would make sense to move over for the 2017 season as his current contract ends next year?

there was talk some time ago about moving to cars. apparently he can throw a rally car around pretty well too. TBH I dont see him in WSBK. Its beneath him.

Edited by facmp

If biaggi is racing SBK he might go.

Pity he never made the jump to F1 a few years ago, think he could have pulled a Surtees.

His Rallying isn't the best, quick but crashed a lot.

He might do stuff like rally X, or Pikes Peak events. I think he will be pulled into those "special" once off races...

I am sure event organizers will drop big cash to try and get him to appear.

Edited by Patchelicious

And the REAL GOAT ... Mike the bike Hailwood ...

Won 14 TT's, 2 podiums in F1, 3rd in Le Mans, won Grand Prix titles in 250cc, 350cc and 500cc.

Go on youtube and go listen to those RC Hondas (RC166 for example) sound ... pure music to my ears. 6 cylinders on a 250

That bike sounds fantasic! Almost like a F1 car (well not todays...)

My feelings are mixed. I'm a Rossi fan of note but also respect anyone who earns a spot on the MotoGP grid. JL has out of this world talent and near perfect riding style but he has he personality of a wet cat. MM is young, wild and naturally gifted on 2 wheels. Rossi has proven himself (by winning championships) in all 3 GP classes, on 2-stroke and 4-stroke bikes. Before and after all the electronics. He also has the biggest fan base over decades of racing. Clearly loved my many and for long (so the real deal).

Racing is racing, on one hand I say don't interfere with a championship you not contending but on the other hand I say get out front and nobody can interfere with you.

I raced competitively at a National level for over a decade. Won, Lost, Been Cheated, Cheated Others. Emotions go off the charts. And this is at a local National level. The intensity at a World Championship level must just be insane!!

As big a Rossi fan I am, I feel he over reacted on Sunday (by running MM so wide, I don't believe he kicked him though). He fell foul to the psychological games he normally masters. But hay, sitting on the couch making statements is easy!!

If biaggi is racing SBK he might go.

Pity he never made the jump to F1 a few years ago, think he could have pulled a Surtees.

His Rallying isn't the best, quick but crashed a lot.

He might do stuff like rally X, or Pikes Peak events. I think he will be pulled into those "special" once off races...

I am sure event organizers will drop big cash to try and get him to appear.

Yeah not everybody is cut out to do well in a rally car (Specifically WRC)....

Pastrana, Raikkonen, Block to name a few... All masters at their respective crafts. Many have tried but few succeed. Kubica looks like he's having fun although I doubt his sponsors agree  :ph34r:  Must be expensive replacing all those Fiestas...