MotoGP

SeaBee

So Rossi has appealed his penalty at the Court of Arbitration for Sport(CAS).

Sounds legit till you start putting the sums together:

Normally, the CAS takes between 6 and 12 months to handle cases, and because it takes so long, Rossi has appealed for a temporary suspension of the penalty, under section R37 of CAS’ procedural rules.

Under CAS rules, they will have to consult with Race Direction before ruling on whether or not to suspend Rossi’s penalty.

The goal of the request for a suspension of the penalty is simple. By having the three-point penalty suspended, Rossi will not have to start from the back of the grid, having collected just a single penalty point outside of Sepang this year. He would start from the position in which he qualifies.

If Rossi should then lose the case when the full CAS hearing is held, then the penalty would be applied at the next race after the CAS rules. That would likely be at the earliest in the first part of the 2016 MotoGP season.

Theoretically, if Rossi were to retire after his contract expires in 2016, and the CAS take 12 months or more to issue a ruling, Rossi may end up not being penalized at all.

(I used portions from this article: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/valentino-ross-cas-appeal/

Sneaky bastard trying to get off scot-free.

What a legend..................

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally, the CAS takes between 6 and 12 months to handle cases, and because it takes so long, Rossi has appealed for a temporary suspension of the penalty, under section R37 of CAS’ procedural rules.

Under CAS rules, they will have to consult with Race Direction before ruling on whether or not to suspend Rossi’s penalty.

The goal of the request for a suspension of the penalty is simple. By having the three-point penalty suspended, Rossi will not have to start from the back of the grid, having collected just a single penalty point outside of Sepang this year. He would start from the position in which he qualifies.

If Rossi should then lose the case when the full CAS hearing is held, then the penalty would be applied at the next race after the CAS rules. That would likely be at the earliest in the first part of the 2016 MotoGP season.

Theoretically, if Rossi were to retire after his contract expires in 2016, and the CAS take 12 months or more to issue a ruling, Rossi may end up not being penalized at all.

(I used portions from this article: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/valentino-ross-cas-appeal/

What a legend..................

But its the law ...he's got a bit of JZ skelm in him ;p Edited by KingTJ

See MM was assaulted by some Italian reporters at his house, including some of his family also attacked ... This is getting a bit ridiculous now.

Yeah it was a stunt crew - they arrived with a TV camera to give him the "cup of $h!t" award from some TV channel or some celebrity presenters in Italy. Needless to say he wasn't really that excited to get it and didn't hang around for the ceremony.

Wonder why?

What a legend..................

To quote the MM fans: its not againts the rules....

To quote the MM fans: its not againts the rules....

No it's not, I agree.

Suppose when you feel running somebody off a track and then "alledgedly" kicking them is fine then this will also be fine.

I think like the open letter from the FIM said, this whole episode has soured MotoGP as a whole. Right from the petty conspiracy accusations, to the apparent meddling from MM and now this appeal. Just sad.....

No it's not, I agree.

Suppose when you feel running somebody off a track and then "alledgedly" kicking them is fine then this will also be fine.

I think like the open letter from the FIM said, this whole episode has soured MotoGP as a whole. Right from the petty conspiracy accusations, to the apparent meddling from MM and now this appeal. Just sad.....

agreed. the biggest losers here are the fans. 

No it's not, I agree.

Where there is smoke there is fire. That's been true since man had his first feud. Why would VR make up these claims into a 10th World Title chase if he was simply feeling off the boil? He has had previous seasons where he got smoked by other riders and there's no history of this before. So why MM then? Clearly there's racing, there's rubbing and racing and then there's just being a ****. In the margins they race by they will know this and he is calling him on it. 

Sad to say but MM as talented as he is on a bike will pretty much remain a punk who I wont root for as a racer in future. 

The whole event was out of character from 19 years of watching VR race, so whilst it has soured the conclusion to this championship he has the luxury of that much history to base this isolated event on. MM, not so much and hoping for his sake he sorts his thinking out on race days, so that he plays the game and not the man in future, or his fan base will surely dwindle! Mass support does not come from poor sportsmanship! 

Edited by Tubehunter

No it's not, I agree.

I suppose if you feel that MM was not interfering with Rossi on purpose you also wont be consistent in your judgements..... You exaggerate your statements depending on who they are directed at it just takes away from your credibility.

I love how you think MM is 100% innocent and that Rossi is simply a douche. Look dude, you have an issue with Rossi this is obvious, (you probably supported Sete before). But you are now honestly just coming off as a hater.

Edited by Patchelicious

No it's not, I agree.

Do u really think Rossi kicked or even tried to push MM with his foot and that MM is completely innocent?

No question he did run him wide, which is not an isolated or illegal occurrence in motorsport and a trick MM has been shown to have done himself in the past, Hamilton did it to Rosberg in Texas and no one except Rosberg (like Marquez) is getting their nappies in a twist . IMHO MM took the wrong option while Rossi was running him wide, he should have just done a Tom Luthi 2012 and gone in the direction Rossi was pushing him instead of "fighting back" i.e. leaning onto Rossi... That way he would not have fallen off and most likely would have only been a few seconds behind Rossi, been able to catch up and cpntinue contributing to a fantastic race and build up to a grand finale in Valencia...but Nooo MM forked it all up by taking on the old dog...

its all in the video, open eyes, look, see....easy :thumbup:

Anyone notice Valencia....hopefully a good sign for Rossi this time

Edited by SwissVan

Yeah it was a stunt crew - they arrived with a TV camera to give him the "cup of $h!t" award from some TV channel or some celebrity presenters in Italy. Needless to say he wasn't really that excited to get it and didn't hang around for the ceremony.

Wonder why?

From report that I read, it was the reporters who were assualted.

“Our Hyenas Stefano Corti Alessandro Onnis this afternoon and went to Spain to try to deliver to the pilot of Motogp Marc Marquez the 'Cup of S***,' A special prize designed to celebrate the 'deeds' of the sample Spanish. But things didn't go as expected.

“‘We arrived in the vicinity of the dwelling of the parents of the pilot where we met Marc Marquez, his father, his brother and a friend. When we tried to deliver our cup we were attacked and in the struggle they broke the camera and took the video card. They must have wanted a bigger cup.'

“Stefano and Alessandro Now I'm in the hospital where they are making Medicare injuries.”

From report that I read, it was the reporters who were assualted.

“Our Hyenas Stefano Corti Alessandro Onnis this afternoon and went to Spain to try to deliver to the pilot of Motogp Marc Marquez the 'Cup of S***,' A special prize designed to celebrate the 'deeds' of the sample Spanish. But things didn't go as expected.

“‘We arrived in the vicinity of the dwelling of the parents of the pilot where we met Marc Marquez, his father, his brother and a friend. When we tried to deliver our cup we were attacked and in the struggle they broke the camera and took the video card. They must have wanted a bigger cup.'

“Stefano and Alessandro Now I'm in the hospital where they are making Medicare injuries.”

If reports are true then they deserved it (the reporters)

That's taking things to far

No it's not, I agree.

if you where challenging for the world Champs and this happened to you, what would you do? just take it on the chin and be a good boy?.....i think not, you will try every legal avenue to you.

NB. He did not kick him, it was the "hand of god" that made him fall  :ph34r: