MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity for JL to be crowned WC under these conditions. He didn't have a bad year, and maybe not his fault MM chose to be his bitch.

MM? Wasn't a fan, but could at least acknowledge his speed and talent. Somehow, somewhere this year, the youngster went from go-in-head-first and attempt a move wherever and whenever possible, to cant-even-attempt-a-move-in-28-laps. Well, until he got decisive and a little aggressive defending from his own team mate. I was like whatever about Rossi's comments going into the finale, but today's racing can leave no doubt that he was riding shotgun for his countryman. 

The reception he received walking out on the podium in his OWN country kinda summed it up. Honda should at the very least ask him a few questions. 

Anyway. 2015 was an epic year with some AWESOME racing. It has to be said that Rossi did himself no favors when he lost his cool and head in Malaysia. Not saying he did or didn't kick, but he should never have sat up and took his I off the ball. Looking at his pace he could have taken the fight the Lorenzo today. 

Roll on 2016. #ForzaVale.

I will be honest, its not the result I hoped for, but you cant take it away from JL. He did dominate this season. Nobody can say he doesnt deserve it. 

I will even say that he was so fast yesterday that the little joker -look-alike-faggot-dwis probaly couldn't pass him even if he wanted to. under all that pressure he did ride a perfect race.

And Rossi was also just sublime yesterday. But it is what it is...

It is an opinion, it is not however a truly objective opinion. He keeps talking about Rossi "attack" on MM and that Rossi doesn't take responsibility etc.

It is at best a long winded attempt to seem "objective".

More "objective" than anyone around here ...

I hope next year the front battles will involve the likes of Suzuki and Ducati as well. It seems as though it might be, as Ducati apparently had closer input into the new ECU, and with the tyre changing it might suit other bikes better in the beginning of the season.

Can't believe how little of the other bikes one sees in the TV coverage ...

Please read this article, it is pretty long but by far the best wrap up of this whole debacle.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/summary-sunday-valencian-gp-2015/

Dave Emmett is a big self-confessed Rossi suppoter, and he has taken an unbiased look at this issue. Very well written article. Some of the behind the scene happenings nobody hears about are also mentioned which are quite disturbing.

Fastest rider won, pity this title will not be remembered that way.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Please read this article, it is pretty long but by far the best wrap up of this whole debacle.

Dave Emmett is a big self-confessed Rossi suppoter, and he has taken an unbiased look at this issue. Very well written article. Some of the behind the scene happenings nobody hears about are also mentioned which are quite disturbing.

Same one as I posted ... but alas, it will not change anyone's opinions, what a rider says is gospel, no matter what engineers or reporters much closer to the action than us armchair racers, have to say.

Mat Oxley's tweets also quite informative on the whole episode.

I myself need to learn to be more objective ...

Edited by Kraggie

More "objective" than anyone around here ...

it's a good piece.

very good, in fact. Yes, Lorenzo was fastest all year. Yes, he deserved the win yesterday, blazing off at the front like he loves to do (he's almost unstoppable in that situation) but it doesn't mean I have to like him. 

Particularly disappointing was his rush in to the race control to demand Rossi's DQ. That made me lose a tremendous amount of respect for him, not that I liked him that much to begin with.

Truthfully, I feel Rossi had no other choice but to run MM wide at the last round. MM was and is continually sniping, and it seemed as if he was just interested in proving a point. Rossi's upturned hand and look back at one point just proved that he was already asking WTF.

Either way - I hope axes are buried, and we start fresh on Tuesday with the testing. This season is over - whatever dramas (no matter how entrenched in fact or fiction) are over, and the faster rider won over the more consistent rider. I hope VR finds that extra speed he's been looking for. He certainly showed he still has the capacity for surgical maneuvers in yesterday's race - and WHAT a ride!

SK - same article as above. 

I hope next year the front battles will involve the likes of Suzuki and Ducati as well. It seems as though it might be, as Ducati apparently had closer input into the new ECU, and with the tyre changing it might suit other bikes better in the beginning of the season.

Can't believe how little of the other bikes one sees in the TV coverage ...

YES. That Suzi is looking DIALLED. Now just to work on the power... 

it's a good piece.

very good, in fact. Yes, Lorenzo was fastest all year. Yes, he deserved the win yesterday, blazing off at the front like he loves to do (he's almost unstoppable in that situation) but it doesn't mean I have to like him. 

Particularly disappointing was his rush in to the race control to demand Rossi's DQ. That made me lose a tremendous amount of respect for him, not that I liked him that much to begin with.

Truthfully, I feel Rossi had no other choice but to run MM wide at the last round. MM was and is continually sniping, and it seemed as if he was just interested in proving a point. Rossi's upturned hand and look back at one point just proved that he was already asking WTF.

Either way - I hope axes are buried, and we start fresh on Tuesday with the testing. This season is over - whatever dramas (no matter how entrenched in fact or fiction) are over, and the faster rider won over the more consistent rider. I hope VR finds that extra speed he's been looking for. He certainly showed he still has the capacity for surgical maneuvers in yesterday's race - and WHAT a ride!

SK - same article as above. 

Very well said ... I do not blame VR for the wide running either. MM asked for it.

Also not a JL fan, but ja he was the best racer this year

Edited by Kraggie