MotoGP

SeaBee

Steve, that Duc was a DOG. You could see the dwindling results when Stoner was still riding it. If you're still using that 2 year period as "proof" that Rossi was past his sell by date, or that he's not a great racer & developer, then that's really silly.

He's been at the sharp end of the racing for a very long time, and still is. He's been 2nd to 2 remarkably gifted riders in the last 2 years, one of which is an absolutely unstoppable force when he's out in front by himself. Lorenzo is the solo-lap champion. Unquestioned. Marquez can race, but he's immature and needs to rein in that temper of his.

Rossi? Yes, he had that one incident last year, but he's still very consistent. He also manages to keep with the younger guns who have been getting quicker and quicker.

One point though. He's not a good qualifier, and that hurts his racing in the first few laps as he often has to push harder to catch the rest of the front-runners.

But no, he's not past it. His results should be enough proof of that.

The guy almost won the championship last year FFS!!! How can that even nearly be seen as "past his sell by date"????

Sometimes people let their dislike for people get in the way of reality.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you still actually believe the shoulder injury while at Ducati which coincided conveniently with the inability to "fix the Ducati in 80 seconds"?? Anyway, everybody has their opinions.

Nice little war of words, see JL has come out saying it was easy for VR to sign as he had no other offers so didnt have a choice, Rossi then said Lorenzo wont leave Yamaha because that would take balls......

No thats not what i am saying...i am saying a combination of things played on his confidence... anyway well done to lorenzo tonight he deserved the win...

The guy almost won the championship last year FFS!!! How can that even nearly be seen as "past his sell by date"????

Sometimes people let their dislike for people get in the way of reality.

Amd the only reason he lost was because of a moment of madness in the penultimate race....which is debatable, but we will leave it there as it is history

Great race yes

Really?

I dunno. Following up on Moto3 (FFS Brad Binder so close) and Moto2, MotoGP was really really boring.

Jorge is insane though, and Marc won't at least give it one good shot. I don't know, felt like everyone was sussing things out. Think uncharted Argentina will provide better racing. No testing data, everyone starts with nothing. Whoever adapts quickest will reap the rewards. Rossi and Marquez were very fast there last year.

Really?

I dunno. Following up on Moto3 (FFS Brad Binder so close) and Moto2, MotoGP was really really boring.

Jorge is insane though, and Marc won't at least give it one good shot. I don't know, felt like everyone was sussing things out. Think uncharted Argentina will provide better racing. No testing data, everyone starts with nothing. Whoever adapts quickest will reap the rewards. Rossi and Marquez were very fast there last year.

Yeah agreed, was boring.

Think that if Ianonne kept it upright that there could have been a bit more fireworks.

Really?

5 different manufacturers in the top 6. I think Jorge rode a well calculated race, was always just going to suss things out but I reckon even with Iannone not fall JL always had it under control.

MM was riding on the ragged edge, dont think he could've gone any faster. That Honda just doesn't turn!!

Vinales rode well too, didnt push and fall. Great sign.

So yes it was a scrappy race with bumping and barging but overall a good start. Rules seem spot on.

For me a great race isn't just about passing. I can really appreciate a race where 2 or3 guys are riding at the limit within a few 100ths of second of each other. Just watching that is intense!!

Also glad there were no jump starts like in the Moto2.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Dorna blocked your video buddy........

You can copy the link and watch it directly on Utjube