Guess who is doing the Epic!

Guest DieBees

What a let down. I thought you might say Lance...

Was thinking the exact same thing! Would have given some prestige to the event :whistling: :ph34r:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lekker Bees! Ek sal ñ hotdog koop.

I still need R 60 000 but I am ambitious that we will get it together in two months. I am busy spraying my hotdog stand...

Cool! Where are you selling? I'll support you....

If you park at the Root 44 market...I recon you'll have your R60k in two months and some spare cash...that place is cooking - even in winter time!

I still need R 60 000 but I am ambitious that we will get it together in two months. I am busy spraying my hotdog stand...

I'll take 2 Boerie rolls, can you deliver?

1) pay your bond off first

2) don't come last in the prologue

3) If you planning on being near the back dont take performance enhances like med lemon or something

Good luck

At least that way your results can only get better, provided you finish :whistling:

:P

Hello fellow cyclists...

Me and my training buddy got a confirmed entry into the Epic...

So it is balls to the walls for me!

Any advice?

Nope - i think your "balls to the walls" covers most of the important points, except.....

how many R's do you make per hot-dog before paint and petrol?

Hello fellow cyclists...

Me and my training buddy got a confirmed entry into the Epic...

So it is balls to the walls for me!

Any advice?

Train as hard as you can and dont take it too seriously.

Nope - i think your "balls to the walls" covers most of the important points, except.....

how many R's do you make per hot-dog before paint and petrol?

What about those of us who don't have balls Joe?? How do we train... ;-)

Dude. F lance....

We are talking about the Bees here...

as in afrikaans BEES, a la Bees Roux

or as in english float like a butterfly, sting like a BEE?

For your sake I hope it's worth it, but to be honest doing the epic is not that special. I think about 7000 people have done it now. You are just one more number. It's just like when people tell me they're climbing kilimajaro. Good for them, but it's nothing special - people can do it in a wheelchair.

[disclaimer - I haven't done either].

ps. I don't think Lance is actually allowed to anyway. the oke's racing has been restricted to strava only for now.

What about those of us who don't have balls Joe?? How do we train... ;-)

Me thinks you might have a little problem :whistling:

as in afrikaans BEES, a la Bees Roux

or as in english float like a butterfly, sting like a BEE?

For your sake I hope it's worth it, but to be honest doing the epic is not that special. I think about 7000 people have done it now. You are just one more number. It's just like when people tell me they're climbing kilimajaro. Good for them, but it's nothing special - people can do it in a wheelchair.

[disclaimer - I haven't done either].

ps. I don't think Lance is actually allowed to anyway. the oke's racing has been restricted to strava only for now.

I think you are missing the point... The fact that 7000 people have done the epic or thousands have climbed Kilimanjaro should not make it less special for you the individual. I still think it is one magical and special event to take part in and hopefully complete. It may not be special for anyone else, but who cares if it is special to you. I would love to do both, even if it is not special for anyone else.