Argus 2014

vaalkol

Social tandems was TT, starting almost 2hours after L. That seeding is fine because it contained me. Think you are talking about slow racing tandems?

Social tandems 1 was Kt at 6.44. TT was Social Tandems 2.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Social tandems 1 was Kt at 6.44. TT was Social Tandems 2.

ah. My bad. Im even slower than I thought :)

yebo - and your point with respect to this particular incident ?

Just asking. Nvrmnd.

I saw too many accidents today. I hope everyone is ok. The L bunch, one guy bleeding from the head on Smits and a few down on chappies. I wish u all a speedy recovery.

Team DJR had an absolutely brilliant day out there.

We were well prepared, we had a plan and we executed it to perfection. I'll have to check the official results, but our time is about 4.25, that is for our youngest member, and he is 13 years old. We started from RR and never really found a functional group, basically because we moved faster than the average RR rider. I stayed on the front all the way and pulled as fast as the little legs could keep up. The little Ds went up Chappies like the clappers and showed the first signs of fatigue only after going over Suikerbossie. The senior D finished comfortably on his own and with a big smile, very happy that his grandchildren for the first time managed to outride him. I suppose that was a warning that I'll be in their sights myself next time.

Team DJR had an absolutely brilliant day out there.

We were well prepared, we had a plan and we executed it to perfection. I'll have to check the official results, but our time is about 4.25, that is for our youngest member, and he is 13 years old. We started from RR and never really found a functional group, basically because we moved faster than the average RR rider. I stayed on the front all the way and pulled as fast as the little legs could keep up. The little Ds went up Chappies like the clappers and showed the first signs of fatigue only after going over Suikerbossie. The senior D finished comfortably on his own and with a big smile, very happy that his grandchildren for the first time managed to outride him. I suppose that was a warning that I'll be in their sights myself next time.

Nicely done, Team DJR

WHOOHOOOOOO

How long does it normally take for the official Ractec results?

The results will probably be out on racetec by late Monday or Tuesday morning....finalisation thereof with queries will probably only be done by next week.

Argus will have printed results on Thursday according to what the Argus editor said when interviewed although the posters along the route state Friday.....all very confusing from the Argus side.

Edited by Btus

I rode a terrible time, all my own fault. And a bit of the wind's fault. Let me explain.

My son and I started in the PC group. Being a windy day and this being his first Argus with no long distance training, I told him to take it easy. So we ride and hit Edinburgh drive. He completely drops me so that it took me hard riding for up to the end of the Blue Route before I could catch him. So we do the turn off and head to Muizenberg. I look behind me, and he is gone. I stop for 10 min, but don't see him, and decide to push on. I ride slowly in case he is attempting to catch me. I stopped at almost every stop looking out for him. Never saw him again. I get to the end and don't find him. Eventually I met a marshall that explain about the SMS service. I register his number and eventually find that he crossed the finish 40 m before me. Eventually I find the bugger and ask for an explanation. He says to me that he decided to see if he can go faster after the M3 turn-off, which is why I lost him. He was always in front and kept on gaining on me every time I stopped.

Lesson learnt. Don't underestimate them. He is 13, but showed me that he can ride on his own and I don't need to protect him. Also, next time I will use the SMS service. Could have helped me a lot on the road. Just wish some of the other marshalls on the road knew about it.

Egg on my face. Bad pappa.

So, with his first Argus from PC he rode 5h31m, and I with all my farting around rode 6h10. :blush:

Edited by Moridin

I rode a terrible time, all my own fault. And a bit of the wind's fault. Let me explain.

My son and I started in the PC group. Being a windy day and this being his first Argus with no long distance training, I told him to take it easy. So we ride and hit Edinburgh drive. He completely drops me so that it took me hard riding for up to the end of the Blue Route before I could catch him. So we do the turn off and head to Muizenberg. I look behind me, and he is gone. So I stop for 10 min, but don't see him. I decide to push on. I ride slowly in case he is attempting to catch me. I stopped at almost every stop looking out for him. Never saw him again. I get to the end and don't find him. Eventually I met a marshall that explain about the SMS service. I register his number and eventually find that he crossed the finish 40 m before me. Eventually I find the bugger and ask for an explanation. He says to me that he decided to see if he can go faster after the M3 turn-off, which is why I lost him. He was always in front and kept on gaining on me every time I stopped.

Lesson learnt. Don't underestimate them. He is 13, but showed me that he can ride on his own and I don't need to protect him. Also, next time I will use the SMS service. Could have helped me a lot on the road. Just wish some of the other marshalls on the road knew about it.

So, with his first Argus from PC he rode 5h31m, and I with all my farting around rode 6h10. :blush:

i was looking last night for the sms service but couldnt find anything on the internet. used it last year so that the wife can now where i am...they didn't advertise it at all this year...or i missed everything

He rode too? I didn't know, just heard Eddy Merckx rode

Sure about this. Something was mentioned on Supercycling that he was here but due to a recent fall could not ride.

Guest Frail4Life

At Home.

Dead tired after riding Extra and then Some!

My son and I started in the PC group. Being a windy day and this being his first Argus with no long distance training, I told him to take it easy. So we ride and hit Edinburgh drive. He completely drops me so that it took me hard riding for up to the end of the Blue Route before I could catch him. So we do the turn off and head to Muizenberg. I look behind me, and he is gone. I stop for 10 min, but don't see him, and decide to push on. I ride slowly in case he is attempting to catch me. I stopped at almost every stop looking out for him. Never saw him again. I get to the end and don't find him. Eventually I met a marshall that explain about the SMS service. I register his number and eventually find that he crossed the finish 40 m before me. Eventually I find the bugger and ask for an explanation. He says to me that he decided to see if he can go faster after the M3 turn-off, which is why I lost him. He was always in front and kept on gaining on me every time I stopped.

Well done to the little whipper snapper :thumbup: