Argus 2014

vaalkol

How strict is the name checking when you load?

Got one friend who can't ride anymore and another really keen to move up the starting order. He can comfortably ride the earlier group but just returned to SA recently so got a really late start.

Suggestions?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How strict is the name checking when you load?

Got one friend who can't ride anymore and another really keen to move up the starting order. He can comfortably ride the earlier group but just returned to SA recently so got a really late start.

Suggestions?

Riding on someone elses number will get the person banned. For medical reasons and personal details, it should be obvious why this policy is so important and strictly enforced.

What a ride

What lekka vibes as always

Saw a couple of pile-ups; didn't seem too severe

Spare a thought for those still on the course.

Windy but pleasantly cool.

ouch my ego!! The Cape really hurt me today. Struggled on the DOWNHILLS! Started chatting to a guy on a 'dale in a black and white Assos jersey from C group - says he is not THE 'Dale. I am disapointed. Could have made the second lap but the mind is really not tuff enough today. Good luck to the other riders.

Ave wind at Zeekoevlei weatherstation 25knots with gusts up to 32 knots. South. Some of the peeps are going to have long day out!

One crash only at Hospital bend. Touch of wheels and two went down, then the domino effect and before you know 5 or 6 more hit the deck. One guy could not continue due injuries and two others due to mechanical issues.

Only a few small crashes in our bunch so eternally grateful for getting home in one piece. Feel for the guys out on the route with the wind. Had to hold onto a traffic light on the way back to the car to stop myself from being blown away and there were some patches on chappies where the wind from the side was strong enough to blow me well off my line.

ouch my ego!! The Cape really hurt me today. Struggled on the DOWNHILLS! Started chatting to a guy on a 'dale in a black and white Assos jersey from C group - says he is not THE 'Dale. I am disapointed. Could have made the second lap but the mind is really not tuff enough today. Good luck to the other riders.

That was me, TALUS... I couldn't hear you so lekka.

Good to put a race face to the alter ego on the HubSA.

Sorry, I couldn't chat. I was in the zone. Hahaa

Edited by ' Dale

Gees, 5kg lighter and 6 mins Slower than last year... I hope i'm not the only one,or i am going to have to find old-age EPO. :(

But safe and sound after a lovely day out...

Didn't see anyone go down, but passed an accident on the M3 past constantia that looked rough. All the best for recovery to all involved.

Lekker race! F group was awesome. No accidents, and we caught the e group at Smits. I think this was cause it was a bigger group. Chapman's was not to bad, but I suffered on Sakerbossie. Finish in 3:18.

Edited by GaryvdM

Big crash on Blue Route. Must have been L, M or N group. 3 people taken off to hospital according to my wife who was watching there. Was in R group, saw riders lying all over the place. Noticed a fair sized pot hole about 50 meters before the crash site.

Didn't see anyone go down, but passed an accident on the M3 past constantia that looked rough. All the best for recovery to all involved.

That was quite a bad crash, sent alot of people to hospital. Speedy recovery to all.