Went back to the dark side from MTB to Road.. And loving it

FloatingPivot

So I thought id find out whats going on with all the roadies.

I mean i know the roads aren't safe but i think it all depends on where you ride...

I think we should get road cycling back to the glory days... Track cycling as well...

If asked why I don't rather ride MTB, I usually reply it is to mainstream. My answer is frowned upon.

But truly, I ride both disciplines. And my first love remains the road.

Likewise... I mean i let road a couple of years back, if i could afford both i would but MTBiking is getting a bit overrated and to commercial ... Road biking in the old days (1990-2004 ish) used to be huge fun!

RABUBI: I Always have a drink in hand haha just joking..

If asked why I don't rather ride MTB, I usually reply it is to mainstream. My answer is frowned upon.

But truly, I ride both disciplines. And my first love remains the road.

I come from a road/triathlon background but spend most of my time on my MTB (safety reasons amongst others) but do ride a road bike every so often and I still reckon there is 'nothing like riding a road bike fast'. Covers the ground fast and IMHO is a better training session as it is generally continuous work as opposed to the on/off nature of MTB unless you ride an MTB on the road :ph34r:

Busy finishing this off just because I can, no other reason ....

post-271-0-84057600-1377163492_thumb.jpg

Well after 35 years in the road saddle, I crossed over to mtb and I'm just loving it. :drool:

So this being my first week I have already had a flatty, fell over in thick sand, probably bruised my nether regions more than I expected but in doing this I have chased a rabbit in the moon light, nearly crapped my self when a duiker sprang from the bushes later, watched 2 vlak varkies running across my path and an assortment of other bokkies on the roads. Not the 2 legged variety.

I stay out near Rayton so I have plenty of gravel to ride on but man I'm having fun. Hope I still think like this after I do my first mtb race.

Started off as a MTBer about 2 years ago, got a road bike about 3 months ago and loving it. By doing both I can call my self a cyclist :whistling:

I was actually thinking of dusting my road bike off and going for a toddle. Will update you when I get it right.

I think it's great being able to do both.

Just need to get fitter though as the roadies will drop me in 2 seconds flat. At least on the mtb I usually don't mind being dropped.

Edited by Wonder Woman

My sincere condolences.

You should maybe think of changing your name from MudMonkey to TarMonkey now. :whistling:

But on a more serious note: We all love the sport, to me it does not matter what discipline/s.

They all compliment each other in some form or another.

It is still fun though, joking around with the differences

Most of all, Njoy the open road!

Edited by jmic

If its got wheel or ti.. it can only make you happy!!!!

Ps. Scared my wife might see this so changed it a little bit :whistling:

Edited by Kritzie

with the mud season upon us I'm thoroughly enjoying getting out on the road bike and not having to worry about the huge maintenance bill but MTB will always remain my favorite.