Power Tools

LOOK695

:eek: It helps if you pick it up before hand

I do, but with 7 dogs you wont get everything in the long grass!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. It's a shame that I really don't have anywhere to store all my tools, and as such I can't bring myself to spend that much on a decent set of kit until such time as I have a garage or other proper enclosed structure (with weather proof doors etc) in which to store them.

I have an external structure, but it's so small (and poorly built) that it just doesn't do the job to my satisfaction. It's on the list for "fixing" though.

That list carries on growing, however. SO when I get around to it, I don't know.

Come now Capt, you gotta get onto that with a matter of urgency, every man needs a workshop to go tinker around in, its a sort of rite of passage. :D

Come now Capt, you gotta get onto that with a matter of urgency, every man needs a workshop to go tinker around in, its a sort of rite of passage. :D

Or to hide from the missus? :whistling:

LOL. I need a garage first, Grumps. And that means buying another house WITH a garage. For the moment, I'm doing all my work under the carport...

Or to hide from the missus? :whistling:

of more concern is when you find the missus in said workshop with a screwdriver and set of pliers with a hacksaw

of more concern is when you find the missus in said workshop with a screwdriver and set of pliers with a hacksaw

That would mean you are not the man in the house. Ha,ha,ha

• 4 months later...

Looking for some input on a staple gun. What do I need to look for?

Will see minimal use, for now I just want to reupholster my office chair.

Perhaps I should just rent or borrow one, unless there are many uses for it I can't think of?

Looking for some input on a staple gun. What do I need to look for?

Will see minimal use, for now I just want to reupholster my office chair.

Perhaps I should just rent or borrow one, unless there are many uses for it I can't think of?

Hire one

A good one is expensive

and a cheap one is just that

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if there are import duties on power tools?

Thx

Edited by YUMEYA

Yep. Also Stahlwilhe. Old Stahlwilhe. And oooooold Stanley. Before they started chasing margin.

I still believe King Tony makes some of the best sockets and spanners around. My King Tony set has seen some terrible things and still works like a charm. Lifetime guarantee as well for a little piece of mind.

On the subject ....

I been in the market for a bench top drill press for some time, only seem to el-cheapo Chinese jobs everywhere that have way too much play in the moving parts and horrible cheap plastic knobs everywhere. Anyone with suggestions where I might find a good quality product? Electronic speed control would be a bonus. That Bosch Green series one looks nice but not enough sturdy engineering below the bonnet.

Would love one of these, tad over the budget at R19k though

http://www.toolshop.co.za/uploadedImages/2011_11_22%209_53_50.jpg

Jiss. That is a beaut

• 3 years later...

Thread revival!

I am in the market for a Rotary Hammer Drill. I have been shopping around and some of the pricing on the branded stuff is bringing tears to me wallet...

Realistically speaking I am looking at putting up a few shelves, a desk and a few pictures, I will be drilling through a wall or two to mount outside weatherproof plugs and maybe chiseling a groove or two to hide some plumbing. It's not going to be used every weekend and it won't be used for hours on end.

Based on the above, I have decided that as much as I would love a Makita/DeWalt/Bosch, my budget doesn't stretch that far.

I went onto the Adendorff website and found this rotary hammer made by Powerplus

It looks to be able to do what I need and the price is right. Bonus is the 13mm keyed chuck for steel bits.

Has anybody had any experience with the Powerplus Brand?